4r70W question

kamakazie_1

Ok, for all the AT gurus out there, my 95SC auto has been driving fine, out of the blue the OD light starts blinking. It was shifting fine, running good, I knew the Neutral safety switch needed to be changed cause it didn't idle up when you put it in gear, but it did idle up when you turn the A/C on so I know the IAC was ok.

My son borrowed it and it started idleing up and doing all kind of idle weirdnesses and before he got it home the OD light started blinking.

I changed the Neutral Safety switch, pulled the batt for about 10 minutes, started it up, same problem, idle wierd and OD light still flashing.. Being me I reached over and unplugged the IAC... Now she won't start at all..

Any thoughts?

RJ

I have seen this before withthe 4r70w. Many times the speed sensor is leaking fluid and it will cause the transmission to throw a code. Jack your car up and check for fluid around the speed sensor. If so replace the speed sensor and I'll bet the light goes out. There are other reasons for the code but this is the biggest trouble maker.

I have seen this before withthe 4r70w. Many times the speed sensor is leaking fluid and it will cause the transmission to throw a code. Jack your car up and check for fluid around the speed sensor. If so replace the speed sensor and I'll bet the light goes out. There are other reasons for the code but this is the biggest trouble maker.

OK, never would have thought of that... I will check it tonight..

Thanks..

RJ

Nope, the speed sensor looks good, I just put it in with the newer tanny last summer, really haven't driven it much since then..

I had an old code reader for our ODB but can't find it around here any where..

Ron I thought pulling the battery for 30 minues or so would clear the codes.. It did start today, idled down where it was supposed to, we pulled it in the garage and checked the speed sensor then when we fired it back up it idled up again to like 2K.. not idleing right...

Aggrevating dog gone thing..

RJ

Back