13" Cobra mustang front calipers

mywhite89

I keep seeing people selling these calipers used on ebay for like 300 bucks for a used set, 400 plus shipping with stock used rotors. You can get calipers new/remanufactured from advanced auto for $220 plus tax on a set with mounting brackets, hardware and core together. Any reason for concern about the advanced auto parts or does this sound like a good deal?

Why would you buy used ones when you can buy new for almost the same price?

Last edited:
I would say it is something that most people just dont think of Chris. Good info though and you can buy the mustang rotors and have them re drilled fairly cheap as well

I just bought new front cobra emblemed calipers from rock auto which included everything for $300. $150 of that is a core charge. Included pads, brackets etc.

I just bought new front cobra emblemed calipers from rock auto which included everything for $300. $150 of that is a core charge. Included pads, brackets etc.

I think that's the way to go. Did you get the discount code in their too for that cost?

But do they accept the stock stuff for the core charge? If either do, I'm on it like white on rice.

But do they accept the stock stuff for the core charge? If either do, I'm on it like white on rice.

Depends on the core charge as to if I'd worry about it.

A $5 to $15 core charge? You may pay more than that shipping the parts!

A $250 core charge? Well, yah, we'd better hope *grins*

I'll put it this way - I didn't even bother shipping the old parts back, even if they would take them, core was about what shipping was.

RwP

just for grins i called up advanced auto. sure enough they sell em, but they can't get the mounting brackets. they show that they sell the mounting brackets, but are currently unavailable. the parts guy said that when--if their manufacturer made another batch they would have them. the calipers arn't much good with out the mounting brackets. i may call another location just to see what kind of story i am told. i would suspect that the parts that Chris has seen for sale may be factory parts. i scored a set of pbr gt calipers and brackets for 50 bucks. i then rebuilt them with new pistons,seals and bolt kits and powder coated them. i gave them to my oldest son to put on his gt. if i were to sell them i would need 250 bucks, with my time and parts, powder and power to run the blaster, oven and powder machine.

There are also calipers that do not have the Cobra logo on them. They are usually cheaper. I picked up all four calipers, brackets and pads on Ebay for $200. There are deals out there.

I also bought a set of the dark grey embossed Cobra calipers for $100 a few years ago.

yup, i called another advanced auto. they said that its no problem to get them. guess it depends on who you talk to. i also up graded my 94 to pbr twin piston calipers. i haven't got to drive my car yet but i bet it will be quite an improvement. twice the pad area and half the weight.

I scored in one of the local yards yesterday. While getting doors for my Dakota they set out a 2000 Mustang that had PBR calipers on it. Already started cleaning them up and getting them ready to be powder coated. Going to pick up up drilled and slotted rotors to go with them.

Chris,

Got any pictures of these bake calipers ?

David

No not yet they won't arrive until tomorrow. And since I'm out crusing around in ASIA right now I highly doubt I can get my wife to open the boxes.

They were supposedly the last set that centric had with logo's on them. So we will see, if not they will work as intented. I really only wanted black or silver calipers anyway so this was just a bonus.

*EDIT*

I do have all of my parts for the brake upgrade except rear relocation brackets. Dalke was supposed to set aside a pair for me when I pick up my engine in April. I just need a buddy of mine to redrill some rotors for me and everything will be ready to go.

Last edited:
Calipers arrived at home today!! Came with the cobra logo, brackets, pads as advertised.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 94
Nice looking, there is a group purchase going on right now for anyone else wanting to do this upgrade. I dont want calipers with the cobra name on them, I've got a different idea on that

chris

BTW, I just bought mine from rock auto today. About $250 shipped.

Last edited:
Nice looking, there is a group purchase going on right now for anyone else wanting to do this upgrade. I dont want calipers with the cobra name on them, I've got a different idea on that

chris

BTW, I just bought mine from rock auto today. About $250 shipped.

Where is the group buy?

Back