Blower Top sealing

bowez

I believe my blower top is leaking, engine oil collecting near the stud (tried to heli-coil it).

First what is the best way to remove the heli-coil, going to try and replace the coil?

Anyone see any problems with going with true studs (not like the OEM one) on all four corners? I know Aluminum hardware would be best but I don't think its practical; what would be best Black Oxide? Is stainless out of the question because of galvanic reaction?

They make a heli coil removal tool. Studs will be fine, just get nickel coated studs, the will not rust like black oxide after time. If you use stainless just put a dab of anti seize on them.

Well didn't have to remove the heli-coil just reseat and remove the tang (didn't the last time).

But joy of joys while reassembling had another pull out on me. Plus ran out of RTV so guess do it all again tomorrow.

Studs work save the one that pulled out, though is a bit hard to get the top with IC tube on it.

That stinks! I would do all 4 corners while you have it out.

By the way, don't feel bad about the heli-coil tang ... I think I spent half an hour once trying to thread a heli coil in the wrong way. :eek: No wonder it kept uncoiling on me.

Back