ebrake cable trouble

Lycaon1349

so a few months ago i replaced my broken ebrake cable with a unit from rock auto and its really tough to pull, i can only get it up to the first click, and if i really yank on it i can get it to the second click but then its near impossible to release. is this a case where the cable just has to stretch over time or is the length of the calbe off? or maybe am i missing something like an adjustment to make more slack in the line? this is fine for parking the car on near flat to slight inclines but when i park on a hill i cant use the e brake. anyone see this before??

so a few months ago i replaced my broken ebrake cable with a unit from rock auto and its really tough to pull, i can only get it up to the first click, and if i really yank on it i can get it to the second click but then its near impossible to release. is this a case where the cable just has to stretch over time or is the length of the calbe off? or maybe am i missing something like an adjustment to make more slack in the line? this is fine for parking the car on near flat to slight inclines but when i park on a hill i cant use the e brake. anyone see this before??

DID you adjust the ebrake when you installed it?

If not, then yes, I'd go through the adjustment procedure first.

It's in the service manual ...

RwP

well when i had it up in the air i took up the slack on the adjuster but im wondering if i did it wrong or something cause it just doesnt seem to work properly, ill check in the manual and see what im missing:confused:

Your rear calipers have a lever that engages a pin that pushes the inside pad outwards to grab the rotor. Those tend to rust up and not operate well. You can try some penetrating spray or whatever, but I ended up removing the calipers and cleaning the innards up to get mine to work right. I had to do this to get it to pass inspection.

Back