Firm Ride light flicker

sonrider657

When I flip the ARC switch to Firm, the indicator light flickers three times very quickly then goes out. What does this indicate & how is it fixed?

The worst part is, I just read this post yesterday, then later in the day I was driving around and my car started to do this same thing. It did it for a few miles then seemed to clear itself up. Then when I came home later in the night it was malfunctioning the whole way home.

I had a similar issue. Turns out my main ground was loose for the ARC. Check inside the trunk on the right side. Peel back the gray carpet/molding. There should be a black wire attached to the body via a screw with a green head. Make sure it is tight. I chased gremelins with my ARC for a month and spent countless hours with a test light chasing it down only to find that ground was loose. Everytime I hit a bump the circuit would either close or open. It drove me nits. It would flash and flicker. It was crazy.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it tonight. I just had the car out earlier and it wasn't working... came out 2 hours later and drove it around and worked perfectly. Sounds like something a loose ground could possibly cause

Thanks for the info. I tried the diagnostic tool but the indicator light did not flash a code. Still have the same problem.

ARC worked perfectly for 19 years and has suddenly quit. It will not engage automatically at all (via turning, braking, or throttle) and when I flip the switch it just flashes a few times very quickly (too quickly to count the flashes) and that's it.

Any other tips?

Was the ground wire I described tight?

There is an ARC module. YOu can try swapping out with a knwon good one but the link I had given you has good trouble shooting information within.

i have been having the same issue with my car and after reading this thread i decided to check the ground wire in the trunk and guess what it was loose. i ordered a used arc module from spinning wheels and it wasnt even the problem. tightened the ground wire and all is fine.

i have been having the same issue with my car and after reading this thread i decided to check the ground wire in the trunk and guess what it was loose. i ordered a used arc module from spinning wheels and it wasnt even the problem. tightened the ground wire and all is fine.

Glad it worked man. That damn blinking light was annoying.

I havent driven my 89 xr7 in a while but I do remember have a similar problem so I will have to check it out.Thanks:D

Ground wire is tight. I went through the Quick Check by grounding the white/purple wire in the ARC connector box per the procedure but no code was displayed.

I greatly appreciate the tips!

Where exactly is the ground wire located in the trunk? I crawled around back there and could not find a ground wire. The upside is that my firm ride has been working great the last few days.

Check inside the trunk on the right side. Peel back the gray carpet/molding. There should be a black wire attached to the body via a screw with a green head.

Where exactly is the ground wire located in the trunk? I crawled around back there and could not find a ground wire. The upside is that my firm ride has been working great the last few days.

Just barely inside the trunk, maybe 12 inches from the right taillight.

The sensors now seem to be working (the Firm Ride light flashes when I brake or accelerate hard or turn sharply). Any ideas?

The sensors now seem to be working (the Firm Ride light flashes when I brake or accelerate hard or turn sharply). Any ideas?
You might try oiling the shock pins. Usually, its one of the front 2. Pull the cover off, pinch the 2 tabs down and pull the actuator off. 1-2 drops of machine oil in the tip, twist the pin back &forth a few times, reassemble and see if it helps.

Back