Aftermarket electric fan for fmic

90sc35thann

The aftermarket electric fan I received is a single speed fan. Any ideas on which terminal I use from the factory harness? I am assuming it will be the high speed post but I am jot sure which that is. I was also planning on using the zirgo zfpl fan plug to allow quick disconnect of the fan however I am a bit perplexed. The plug they manufacture for their fans is only rated to 10 amps???? The fan must draw more, right?

http://www.zirgo.com/catalog/Cooling-Fan-Accessories/Cooling-Fan-Harnesses

Thoughts on this one?

Last edited:
I am guessing here since I have no idea what you purchased. You should look at the after-market fan and see if there is a label or markings with the full load current. Otherwise get some specifications from the manufacturer. :confused:

I am guessing here since I have no idea what you purchased. You should look at the after-market fan and see if there is a label or markings with the full load current. Otherwise get some specifications from the manufacturer. :confused:

No load content from the mfg or on the fan itself.

Are you using this as a pusher just to cool the IC or cool the radiator and replace the stock fan?

When I bought an aftermarket single speed fan to replace my main cooling fan, I connected both the high and Low speed power circuits together, so regardless the fan would run if commanded from either end. If you are suggesting tying another fan into that circuit, I would only tie in a signal wire to turn on a relay that you power your extra fan with. Otherwise you overload that circuit possibly.

Chris

When I bought an aftermarket single speed fan to replace my main cooling fan, I connected both the high and Low speed power circuits together, so regardless the fan would run if commanded from either end. If you are suggesting tying another fan into that circuit, I would only tie in a signal wire to turn on a relay that you power your extra fan with. Otherwise you overload that circuit possibly.

Chris

This is exactly how the aftermarket fans on my 91 SC are wired, and it works great.

David

I bought a used MP FMIC from Dalke a month or so ago and it aleady had a 16" fan mounted onto some nice brackets that the previous owner tog welded t the FMIC. It's a really cool set up. Since this setup had no other fans I am assuming that it was used in place of the factory fan. It appears to be a standard 16" electric fan. I like the idea of tying together the high and low speed circuits makes sense. thank you all.

I cut the connector on my factory fan and just wired it to my spal fan. Easy to change back to a factory fan if I put it back to stock some day.....like that's gonna happen:rolleyes:. Just something to ponder, I hate cutting factory wiring if I don't have to.

Back