K&N filter model for a MP intake?

SuperCoupe

I just ordered a new cold air kit from Magnum Powers, but much to my surprise it does not come with an air filter for $240 including shipping.
If anyone has this kit can you please suggest a filter model for a stock MAF? The filter end of my MAF measure 3.5" across. I've tried the filter finder on the K&N site, but I don't know if it should have an angled flange, if the filter needs to be tapered, material, etc, etc. Charles from MP said it should be 7" long, and 6" across. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

I have a slightly used spare. I already had a new one and when I bought Steve Meyers 3.5 MP CAI he gave me his old one that had about 85 miles on it. I can ship it to you for $20.

I just ordered a new cold air kit from Magnum Powers, but much to my surprise it does not come with an air filter for $240 including shipping.
If anyone has this kit can you please suggest a filter model for a stock MAF? The filter end of my MAF measure 3.5" across. I've tried the filter finder on the K&N site, but I don't know if it should have an angled flange, if the filter needs to be tapered, material, etc, etc. Charles from MP said it should be 7" long, and 6" across. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

This might fit but im not for sure, http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=78

Just go to your local parts store and tell them the specs and that you want a real k&n, they should be able to get something for you. It won't be cheaper than $20 like the deal above ^

This might fit but im not for sure, http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=78

Just go to your local parts store and tell them the specs and that you want a real k&n, they should be able to get something for you. It won't be cheaper than $20 like the deal above ^

Thanks...I'll probably go with the one Bill sells.

I have a slightly used spare. I already had a new one and when I bought Steve Meyers 3.5 MP CAI he gave me his old one that had about 85 miles on it. I can ship it to you for $20.

I'd prefer to start fresh with a new one, but I really appreciate the offer

I spoke to Charles about that some time ago. he said he does not supply them because he does not know what size MAF a buyer will use. So make sure the outlet diameter fit your MAF.

I spoke to Charles about that some time ago. he said he does not supply them because he does not know what size MAF a buyer will use. So make sure the outlet diameter fit your MAF.

Yeah...he said the same thing to me, but I'm sorry...for that kind of money it should come with a filter in my opinion (for a stock MAF or whatever), like the one I bought from MAC (which was cheaper), and the one Bill @ SCP sells (also cheaper, and uses the same exact tube). Don't get me wrong, Charles is a great guy, he sells some killer products, and I am not trying to bad mouth him at all but I could have just pulled the elbow off my MAC and stuck a filter on the MAF rather than spending 240 for the kit, and another 40 bucks for a new filter.
Anyway, I bought a filter from SCP, so I'm good...thanks guys.

Has 41 miles on it, and for $20 that's a steal, when I bought it at the auto parts store out here it was around $75

Steve

Back