Need answer quick please

I can't help you on this, (but I would like to comment on your SC. That s the coluor I want to piant one of my. Wiith Black int. though.) I mean a few guys on the board have done some internals, they would give you a #.

Ryan,

I thought you hated red?! I guess you just don't like my red?! ;)

Tim,

Try talking with Bill McNeil. He may have some information regarding the rings that Tom Morana used in his mill. I've heard of some guys using the new Sealed Power gapless series of rings in their SC motors with good results. Unfortunately, I don't have a part number myself.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Sean

I would assume using a stock ring would not be possible on aftermarket piston, so I have no idea.

Considering you have a later SC, you likely have forged pistons, so they are likely a different part than the earlier motors used.

We need Ed to check this out.

Stock

These are the original pistons. Ford says they are obsolete. Oh ya. What happened to the "You must supply all parts for the car for 10 years" under canadian law. There are 2 types of rings for these engines, the barrel type, and the chamfered type. Which one is best for a stock motor with only port and polish,an exhaust and maybe a 5% pulley.

Tim, some of the 94 - 95 pistons are still available ... what oversize are you going to on the bores ???

Send me a p.m. or an e-mail here at work, I can give you some specifics as to what's still available ...

cheers
Ed N.

Back