plug wire first

Aszmodious

Ok so i recently changed my spark plugs because everytime i would leave vac and go into boost my car would fall on its face after chaging them it ran almost perfect when i floored it it would kinda just stop at 8 vacuum pressure and the car would not gain speed or lose it would just stay at a steady speed now i changed my plug wires and its falling down once again and for a first time ever for me my new wires when i rev it up i can see the electrical surge flowing through them is this normal i mean they are the Autozone 22.99 plugs

Ok so i recently changed my spark plugs because everytime i would leave vac and go into boost my car would fall on its face after chaging them it ran almost perfect when i floored it it would kinda just stop at 8 vacuum pressure and the car would not gain speed or lose it would just stay at a steady speed now i changed my plug wires and its falling down once again and for a first time ever for me my new wires when i rev it up i can see the electrical surge flowing through them is this normal i mean they are the Autozone 22.99 plugs

"when i rev it up i can see the electrical surge flowing through them"

Exactly what do you mean?

And when you replaced them, did you verify that you used the PROPER wiring order? Chilton and Haynes get it wrong ...

RwP

As in my plugs go from being a solid black wire to a dimmly pulsing blue wire as the current flows through them

As in my plugs go from being a solid black wire to a dimmly pulsing blue wire as the current flows through them

I think you're seeing corona discharge from crap wiring there.

No, that's not normal for good wires.

I'd see about buying Motorcraft or ACDelco wires myself, but there's folks here very happy with their Taylor wires.

The cheap stuff? Is cheap stuff, and may not last well on our cars.

RwP

Mk thank you that lowers my worrys for now but ive checked and rechecked several times and the wires are on in the right order but it still makes an ocasional burpish sound when idleing and im at an utter loss as to whats wrong the plugs are new and everything but its baffling

Back