My new fuel rails

kenewagner

Just got my new fuel rails back from the machinest. Looking forward to getting them fitted to the intake manifold. They look awesome and am happy with the workmanship. Another part of the project done.

Ken

Attachments

• fuel rail.JPG
    fuel rail.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 137
Wheres all the machining :eek:

They are threaded for O ring fittings and have a grove machined in each end for the O ring to fit into. The correct angle holes are machined into the rail with a radiused opening to allow the injector to slip in without damaging the O ring seal. The opening has a step at the bottom to insure the injector goes in the correct distance.

Ken

For you corey.:rolleyes:

I did just fitted them to my intake and they fit perfectly. Just have to fab up the legs and than they are off to the plating shop

Ken

Attachments

• fuel rail 1.JPG
    fuel rail 1.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 98
  • fuel rail 2.JPG
    fuel rail 2.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 119
For you corey.:rolleyes:

I did just fitted them to my intake and they fit perfectly. Just have to fab up the legs and than they are off to the plating shop

Ken

Did you verify the fit at the passenger side front where the water jacket fitting is? Doesn't look like the injector cup is pushed as far to the end as it could go so I'm wondering if the rail extends too far past the injector. Of course maybe the rail pictured is driver side in which case it wouldn't matter.

Did you verify the fit at the passenger side front where the water jacket fitting is? Doesn't look like the injector cup is pushed as far to the end as it could go so I'm wondering if the rail extends too far past the injector. Of course maybe the rail pictured is driver side in which case it wouldn't matter.

Im not using the same intake as you;) I could set one rail up on a stock pan cake manifold you have and snap a picture for you.

Ken

Aha....gotya, that makes more sense. I think on a stock intake the injector cups can't be centered on the rail the way yours are, at least on the passenger side.

The cup at the passenger side front needs to be as far towards the end of rail as absolutely possible in order to leave enough space between the end of the rail and the water jacket fitting. It's really tight there.

Aha....gotya, that makes more sense. I think on a stock intake the injector cups can't be centered on the rail the way yours are, at least on the passenger side.

The cup at the passenger side front needs to be as far towards the end of rail as absolutely possible in order to leave enough space between the end of the rail and the water jacket fitting. It's really tight there.

Im sure we can agree on a plan to keep the rail as short as possible. I will take pictures tomorrow morning of my rails on my fitup engine so you can see what you have to work with

Ken

Did you purchase the AN oring port fitting tool or did your machinist have it? You can purchase the drills already ground to create the proper AN oring port in a single pass.

Did you purchase the AN oring port fitting tool or did your machinist have it? You can purchase the drills already ground to create the proper AN oring port in a single pass.

I bought the drill bit from ross machine for the injector holes and loaned it to the machinest. He used his own equipment to thread the extrusion and cut the releif for the O ring

Ken

As you can see Brian you are correct as to the AN fitting being to far forward. There is room to cut the rail back closer to the first injector. Also As you can see we could take a short section of rail and angle it out to clear the water fitting. Those are the shortest injectors I have ever seen. Mine are about twice as long. i always thought size counted:rolleyes:

Ken

Didn't realize you were making those for short injectors. You are going to have a number of clearance challenges with that.

Didn't realize you were making those for short injectors. You are going to have a number of clearance challenges with that.

I took some pictures that didnt make them up. There are two bosses sticking up on the lower intake that will need to be cut down some to clear the bottom of the rail.

Ken

Back