Maxjax 2 post lift

Man, I don't think I would trust a 2 post that was not bolted to the floor. That has about a 1 sq ft footprint in the center of the car that could act as a "pivot point" if you got the balance wrong or got to agressive with the torque. I would NOT go near it with out jack stands front and rear. There is a place in Indiana, Scott something equipment, can't recall the name (advertise in all the photo traders ect, good quality tools) that you could probly pick up a reg. 2 post for that $$$ that lags to the floor. I would feel much more comfortable with that, you just would not be able to use the full height because of the ceiling. It sure looks nice for not having to dedicate the space to it tho.

Adam

Man, I don't think I would trust a 2 post that was not bolted to the floor. That has about a 1 sq ft footprint in the center of the car that could act as a "pivot point" if you got the balance wrong or got to agressive with the torque. I would NOT go near it with out jack stands front and rear. There is a place in Indiana, Scott something equipment, can't recall the name (advertise in all the photo traders ect, good quality tools) that you could probly pick up a reg. 2 post for that $$$ that lags to the floor. I would feel much more comfortable with that, you just would not be able to use the full height because of the ceiling. It sure looks nice for not having to dedicate the space to it tho.

Adam

They did bolt it to the floor in the video.

yup, i think my neighbor has one, I can ask him. but his has threaded inserts in floor then you use 1/2 inch bolts to anchor it down,

I have seen a version that uses a cross bar on the bottom that you must drive over to stabalize it further. But I think that was an older one.

I think it would be sweet since I have a tiny 24x24 garage! About to get a 16x20 shed so I can take the quads mower, lawn crap and all that out and just use the garage for a workshop and tool storage.

Is it the roof gables that are low or just the ceiling?

A friend and I cut the ceiling and put the posts up into the attic.

It also gave us the chance to square off the ceiling entrance to firm up the upper portion of the pillars.

Due to the ceiling we have about 5.5ft freeboard under the car. (I could get over 6' if I took the time to take off the antenna.)

I can bring the SC in forward or backed in without too much worry on weight distribution.

This style up here sells for 1899.00 new.

If you find a garage thats remodelling (like us) they can be had for scrap weight if you beat the rep who's selling the new unit.

Its something they really pad their income with on resale.

Paul

google gregg smith equipment sales. they are in indy. i am going to purchase a 4 post lift from him at the end of the summer.

google gregg smith equipment sales. they are in indy. i am going to purchase a 4 post lift from him at the end of the summer.

I bought my first lift from Greg Smith Equipment in Indianapolis and bought my second lift from Derek Weaver Company in Fort Worth. Both are made by DirectLift. Greg Smith was $100 more for the DirectLift and are no longer listed as a warehouse for DirectLift, I assume because Greg Smith is now offering their own lift. Anyway, a lift is a wonderful thing :)
attachment.php

They did bolt it to the floor in the video.

DOH!!!!! About 1/2 a second of the video, missed that.

Gregg Smith is the Co I was trying to remember.

Adam

It was only that close for the picture, since the pic was taken right after the first use of the new lift. With that said, I stll need to put the 35th up in the air out of harm's way.

I wish my garage was high enough....

The only thing that would keep me awake at night is oil drippings? Maybe that is why the black car is on the bottom?

Back