Gates K080390

I use a k080400 with a 10% jack and 3.50" blower pulley. But my tensioner is clocked and all that stuff.

that's an inch longer than the 390...392 is stock pulleys...so i figure with 10% OD the 390 would be best as it is about .2 shorter than the 392

While searching i am seeing a lot of this # k080390 as the belt to be used with 10%OD but I am also reading that 39" is the length to go but k080390 is 39 3/4"

that's an inch longer than the 390...392 is stock pulleys...so i figure with 10% OD the 390 would be best as it is about .2 shorter than the 392

Don't know what belt length you need, but the 10% JS pulley is larger diameter than stock, so the belt would need to be longer than stock, not shorter.

David

Yeah what Dave said I think the 390 is usually for smaller blower pulleys and then you want bigger belt for jackshaft pulleys.

Well that's interesting...

I already have mp tensioner springs and a 25%OD but I am turning down the boost cause i wanna run pump gas only and start road coursing

I didn't realise the overdrive from the jack shaft pulley was increased diameter

Well that's interesting...

I already have mp tensioner springs and a 25%OD but I am turning down the boost cause i wanna run pump gas only and start road coursing

I didn't realise the overdrive from the jack shaft pulley was increased diameter

Going to a stock blower pulley will only drop you to 20% because the blower pulley is 5%. I suggest rather than removing the pressed on blower pulley that you just put a stock JS pulley on and leave the blower alone, and use the 390 belt. That will put you at 15% and will make the difference in boost you are looking for. It's much easier too.

That makes a lot of sense...but I didn't tell the whole story...I have already removed the overdrive crank pulley to make way for the underdrives so it is now at 15% with the jackshaft being 10 and the SC being 5...

rather than buying all new jackshaft and/or SC pulleys I will just reinstall my stock SC pulley, leave the MP jackshaft and buy a belt to fit...

I just don't know what belt to get with a 10% jackshaft and stock SC pulley

That makes a lot of sense...but I didn't tell the whole story...I have already removed the overdrive crank pulley to make way for the underdrives so it is now at 15% with the jackshaft being 10 and the SC being 5...

rather than buying all new jackshaft and/or SC pulleys I will just reinstall my stock SC pulley, leave the MP jackshaft and buy a belt to fit...

I just don't know what belt to get with a 10% jackshaft and stock SC pulley

Should be a 400 belt. You might be able to get a stock belt on there but I doubt it. If you find the 400 is too long, you could always put a 95 pulley on there. ;)

Back