PDA

View Full Version : Shootout 2013 Official Thread

SCrazy
03-13-2013, 11:01 AM
This year's Shootout will be the weekend of October 5th & 6th at Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City, Kentucky (same as last year).

Hotel will be the same Hampton Inn that we used last year and we are working on a return of the portable Dyno.

We have booked the track and are in the process of booking the hotel and dyno so this date is now set in stone. I know that a date has been previously mentioned for a week earlier but the track was booked for that weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience if folks have already made plans.

We will be working to update the Shootout website and get the registration page up and we will also notify everyone when we can start calling to book rooms.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo2013.htm

We are looking forward to another great event!!!!!

kenewagner
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Love that we are getting information so early so we can plan ahead. Thanks for the up date

Ken

bye-bye-birdy
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
I can't wait to be there.. I will let my boss know and make sure I have it off. This is awesome it was decided this early..

davec73
03-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks Brian cant waite to come this year with a running car lol. Those bats better look out im back! Maybe with something a little more accurate than cheese this time!

Kurt K
03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I'll be there yet again with my same slow mods.

Nettlesd
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Great News! You can't go wrong when you get the news out early.

I'll be there yet again with my same slow mods.

Don't worry Kurt. I can always drive for you and make a quick pass for you. :p

BLOWN38
03-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Posted on TCCoA.

SCrazy
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks Chris....any other places we should post it V6Power maybe?

David Neibert
03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks Chris....any other places we should post it V6Power maybe?

I took care of TBU & SC/XR7 Shootout Face Book page

David

neverfastenough
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Glad its posted early, I think I may attempt driving the bird there this year:o

Miguel5671
03-13-2013, 10:59 PM
7 months from now I think I might just be able to be at my first of these great shootouts :)

ricardoa1
03-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Two questions are. Will John Ludolfs car be ready. And will I have my go fast parts by then?
Or will the Saab have to duke it out for 1st in bracket?

kenewagner
03-14-2013, 08:03 AM
7 months from now I think I might just be able to be at my first of these great shootouts :)

If you go you wont regret it. I have been going since 2007 and put it on my schedule every year like clock work.

Ken

RedBirdin96
03-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Hopefully I can make it again this year. I have thoroughly enjoyed attending the last two years. I will actually be back in SC instead of MI by this time, so I will have to see how many of the Carolina V8 SCs I can drag with me :).

-Kevin

BLOWN38
03-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Hopefully I can make it again this year. I have thoroughly enjoyed attending the last two years. I will actually be back in SC instead of MI by this time, so I will have to see how many of the Carolina V8 SCs I can drag with me :).

-Kevin

Round em up Kevin!:)

davec73
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Two questions are. Will John Ludolfs car be ready. And will I have my go fast parts by then?
Or will the Saab have to duke it out for 1st in bracket?Com on man you can have one of two there lol I wanna race you and that wont be possible in bracket!:D

Plat0ribs
03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
This is awesome news, and very timely too.
I’ve missed the last two due to scheduling conflicts.
This year my BBQ team is competing September 19-21 in Murphysboro, IL…
Looking forward to attending. Might even have an SC.:rolleyes:

Plat0ribs
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM

davec73
03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
This is awesome news, and very timely too.
I’ve missed the last two due to scheduling conflicts.
This year my BBQ team is competing September 19-21 in Murphysboro, IL…
Looking forward to attending. Might even have an SC.:rolleyes:

Be there! or well .... just do it lol

ricardoa1
03-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Com on man you can have one of two there lol I wanna race you and that wont be possible in bracket!:D

Its not up to me. I probably have mice living in the dashboard.. This year is Blue car or no sc.

Problem two is the awful timing, first week of the month is brutal for office workers. Last week of sept has been great. Then pile up one of my classes, and that pretty much means I'm pushing my luck for making it. But I give it a shot. Have not missed one since I've been going. We will see what happens.

davec73
03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Its not up to me. I probably have mice living in the dashboard.. This year is Blue car or no sc.

Problem two is the awful timing, first week of the month is brutal for office workers. Last week of sept has been great. Then pile up one of my classes, and that pretty much means I'm pushing my luck for making it. But I give it a shot. Have not missed one since I've been going. We will see what happens.

Be good to see you there man hope it all falls in line for you> Last year was a disaster for me and yet I am so glad I came. Lots of great people and good times to be had for all! I wont miss another if I can help it but if my car isnt running I will just drive something else lol.

pro street rich
03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Last week I pulled another engine out to find that a rod bolt broke and ripped the bottom end off the rod. This sent the rod & piston to the top and took out the head on that sideas well. Now I have one good head,intake, and a few font engine parts left.. The block,crank, and oil pan are junk as well... So much for dyno tuning that engine....
Now I have to think of what engine to put in there this time. I did find out that big block engines from Ford and some other places are all but gone. There are not too many good old 460 type blocks left any more....
This won't keep me from coming this year, even if I have to get one of my other cars out of storage. Maybe a Shelby would be fun to run, or one of my 427"s something.... I will bring something this year, I already made my hotel plans so now it is time to get to work in the shop and make something that is going to run.....Rich

Miguel5671
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
If you go you wont regret it. I have been going since 2007 and put it on my schedule every year like clock work.

Ken

I am sure !! Lots of cool people here plus many many awesome super coupes :D
I need to get to work on mine so by then I can reliably drive all the way up there :D
By reliably I mean a fmic (couple more weeks and ill be done with that) and a cam maybe :p plus a tune by dave
Ok... ill keep dreaming now :(

davec73
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
I have a set of well i say set but one is an 429scj head and the other is a 429 police interceptor head that are port matched. the reason one is an scj and the other is a pi head(very rare) they were used in a big block truck pulling class that required them to use stock cylinder heads. the water jackets were damaged in one of each and the engine builder port matched the odd pair. thy need worked over but they would make any 460 as mean as can be.

Last week I pulled another engine out to find that a rod bolt broke and ripped the bottom end off the rod. This sent the rod & piston to the top and took out the head on that sideas well. Now I have one good head,intake, and a few font engine parts left.. The block,crank, and oil pan are junk as well... So much for dyno tuning that engine....
Now I have to think of what engine to put in there this time. I did find out that big block engines from Ford and some other places are all but gone. There are not too many good old 460 type blocks left any more....
This won't keep me from coming this year, even if I have to get one of my other cars out of storage. Maybe a Shelby would be fun to run, or one of my 427"s something.... I will bring something this year, I already made my hotel plans so now it is time to get to work in the shop and make something that is going to run.....Rich

coolhand
03-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I need to be there this year. Like others, scheduling conflicts have made it difficult to attend, but having been @ a few of these, I know I miss going. Im never a threat on the track, though.
Lot of new parts ready to be installed before Carlisle and The Shootout, plus new exhaust. Looking forward to this year.

Coolhand
(Matt)

rzimmerl
03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Its on the the calendar, nothing fancy new this year...

Toms-SC
03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
In the calendar. Hope there is no snow on the way back home. :eek:

Dbarnhill
03-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Watch out stock racers, ill be comin in hot this october :D:D Big thanks to Dave Dalke for getting me a good motor to put in the SC. Im looking forward to meeting everyone!

Edit: that iif im able to work out my braking and suspension bugs by then, if not probably would not be safe to drive 80 to kentucky lol

Jacob_Royer
03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Any word on Hotel discount etc?

pro street rich
03-27-2013, 10:10 PM

I used either "AAA" or "AARP" as I am an old fart....lol.. They took both of them and said they would see which one is better. There was nothing set up when I got my rooms.....Rich

SCrazy
03-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Hotel deal will be the same as last year $102.60 per night with free snacks at night, free breakfast and free use of the Banquet hall for two days.

The group block of rooms is set up and we can start calling to make reservations the number for the Hampton Inn is 859.745.2000 and our group code is "SCS".

Plat0ribs
03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks Brian:)

If anybody wants to split a room, LMK

A non-snoring roommate is preferable.

Kurt K
03-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Hotel deal will be the same as last year $102.60 per night with free snacks at night, free breakfast and free use of the Banquet hall for two days.

The group block of rooms is set up and we can start calling to make reservations the number for the Hampton Inn is 859.745.2000 and our group code is "SCS".

Been "patiently" waiting for the official announcement. Reservations made.

Ira R.
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Been "patiently" waiting for the official announcement. Reservations made.

What he said ^ :D

Ira

89XR7TD
03-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Gotta get on the phone and snag a room :D

Great times!!!

Tom

David Neibert
03-30-2013, 07:16 PM
These are the official SC/XR7 Shootout rules for 2013.

Main changes from the 2012 rules are as follows:

Deleted the slowest index class.
Added a 2nd bracket class with a buy back option.
Changed rules for Track Champ runoff to include all classes and allow drivers to use dial in ETs instead of index ETs.
Added more classes to Dyno Competition.

Common rules for all classes unless otherwise stated:

1) All cars in all classes subject to general competition rules as administered by the host track.

2) Minimum driver age 18 unless accompanied by a signed affidavit from parents or legal guardian. With aforementioned permission, 16yr old licensed drivers may participate.

3) Permitted fuels include any grade of pump gas, racing gasoline, methanol, alcohol and/or E85 ethanol blend unless otherwise specified.

4) Competition open to all MN12 chassis cars only unless otherwise stated. Full tube chassis cars or cars without a VIN are welcome to participate but will be restricted to exhibition runs only. FN10 chassis cars and other vehicles powered by an SC motor are also invited to participate in either of the Bracket ET classes.

5) Engine must be based on a Ford motor, any and all modifications are allowed. Any form of forced induction and nitrous allowed.

6) All classes subject to minimum class entry number of four (4). Any class with less than 4 entrants may be dissolved with the entrants having the option of joining another class of their choice.

7) All participants will be required to pre-register for a class but will be given the opportunity to change classes as desired up to the time of making your qualifying pass (index classes only). After qualifying pass is made/attempted no class changes are allowed.

8) In keeping with general NHRA competition rules, if you stage on a wrong dial in, then you are forced to run it. It is the driver's responsibility to make sure the dial in # that is shown for their lane on the scoreboard matches the number they put on their window. If the number doesn't match, you are not supposed to light the stage bulbs.

9) There will be no refunds on race day for any reason.

10) Compliance with these rules is the sole responsibility of the participant. SC Shootout is not responsible for enforcement of these rules, however; any violation of these rules, knowingly or otherwise, may result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of any fees paid to SC Shootout.

Racing Classes:

1) Mod 1: 13.899 - 13.300.

2) Mod 2: 13.299 - 12.700.

3) Mod 3: 12.699 - 12.100.

4) Pro Street: 12.099 - 11.500.

5) Elite Street: 11.499 - 10.900.

6) Outlaw: 10.899 - 10.300.

7) Pro: 10.299 - 9.600.

8-9) Bracket ET: These classes will be for the driver oriented or for those who do not fit any above category. There will be two classes (Pro & Street) the Bracket ET Pro class is intended for the experienced bracket racer and will include a buy back option (1st round only $25 cash buy back).

The Bracket ET Street class is intended for the less experienced drivers who don't fit into any of the above listed classes or just wants to make a few competitive passes to see what their car will do. No buy back in this class.

Entrants in both classes will be paired up based on ET with the intention of promoting door-to-door racing wherever possible.

Also permitted in Bracket ET Street class is any other car driven by an MN12 owner or SCCOA/TBU club member whose MN12 is not able to compete. 4WD trucks, vans, SUV's, off-road vehicles or anything with less than 4 wheels are not allowed. Maximum dial-in: 16.50 seconds. Registered participants only.

Track Champ Runoff: Immediately following the final round of eliminations, the winners of every class listed above will be invited to participate in a Track Champ runoff where all participants will race bracket style using dial-in numbers of their own choosing. All the same rules for racing in Bracket ET Pro & Bracket ET Street will apply to the Track Champ runoff, except there will be no buy backs allowed. We have a very limited amount of time to complete the runoff, which may result in cool down times of only 5 minutes between runs. Please plan accordingly.

Dyno Competition:
Highest HP V6 M90
Highest HP V6 Supercharged
Highest HP V6 Turbocharged
Highest HP V8 Naturally aspirated
Highest HP V8 Power Adder

Engine:
Ford motors only. Any and all power adders allowed.

Adjustments:
Minor adjustments allowed only.

Number of attempts:
The fee paid to participate in the Dyno competition only covers two (2) pulls. Any more than two (2) pulls or any tuning done on the dyno that results in a delay, will invoke extra charges for dyno time. Due to time constraints, the maximum number of pulls allowed is three (3).

Details:
All dyno pulls must be done the day of the event on the dyno provided by the SC Shootout to be considered valid and are subject to verification by the SC Shootout.

* All rules subject to change and/or correction without notice and at the discretion of the SC Shootout Committee. Individual exceptions to these rules will be considered on a case to case basis and may be awarded at the discretion of the SC Shootout Committee. Violation of these rules will forfeit any and all winnings and may result in disqualification without reimbursement. The SC Shootout does not govern or enforce any safety rules neither NHRA or IHRA. It it the responsibility of the host track to govern and enforce any safety rules. It is also the responsibility of each competitor to consult the current year NHRA/IHRA applicable rulebook and comply as required.

If you have any question about these rules, please post them here, and the Shootout Planning Committee members will do their best to answer them.

Thanks, David

davec73
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey I might actually be able to dyno and race my car this year lol. I wont have an idea on class till qualifying run though.

David Neibert
03-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey I might actually be able to dyno and race my car this year lol. I wont have an idea on class till qualifying run though.

There will be several time trial runs prior to the qualifying pass. You would also be wise to take your car to the track before the Shootout to make sure you have all the bugs worked out before race day.

David

davec73
03-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Im hoping to make a trip up to gateway with you guys and a couple test and tunes at the local I57 track in benton. I have to get used to the car and get the bugs worked out like you said.

Jacob_Royer
03-31-2013, 08:17 AM
Im hoping to make a trip up to gateway with you guys and a couple test and tunes at the local I57 track in benton. I have to get used to the car and get the bugs worked out like you said.

I need to do the same with mine once I get a few more things done. Want to get used to the slicks!

Cheeze
04-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Hopefully things come together for me and I get mine running and broken in so that I can play this year. Either way I am gonna be there

mywhite89
05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Two rooms reserved for us. See ya all Kentucky style in about 5 months. This going to be my last post, the rest is all secret until then.

Chris

David Neibert
05-09-2013, 01:42 PM

Finally remembered to make my reservation.

David

kenewagner
05-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Reservations made

Ken

Ice-Cable
05-10-2013, 05:00 PM
So is this just for people racing their cars? or is it a meeting spot to network and show off cars that are not there to brag about how fast they're not? Just curious because I will come if its a carshow esq atmosphere. Will probably pass if its strictly race stuff. My SC is nowhere near ready for any of that.

SCrazy
05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Trust me the racing is as much an excuse for all the socializing and general BS. All day Saturday is car show, dyno and shooting the bull. It's an awesome time and I would go even if my car was not running just for the social aspects.

Ice-Cable
05-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Trust me the racing is as much an excuse for all the socializing and general BS. All day Saturday is car show, dyno and shooting the bull. It's an awesome time and I would go even if my car was not running just for the social aspects.

Fantastic! If I can get the Clearance I'll be heading down that way when its time. Going to be nice to finally talk with some like minded people about SC's

Kurt K
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Just to add to what Brian has said....some of us lug the whole family there. I've been going since 2002 and my growing family has made the trip almost every time.

Ira R.
05-10-2013, 08:53 PM
One more comment if I may; I came last year and didn't even bring the car. I flew in Friday night just to hang out with everyone and then had to fly out early Sunday morning to get home for a family commitment.

Trust me, car or not, this is the place to be to meet up with like minded people and share enough crazy ideas that you will be adding more to your list of things to do to the car than you will have time to do.

davec73
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Myself and my car made it there not running and it left not running but I still had a great time! This year will be the first year I get to Dyno show the car and race Sunday i can't waite!

Nettlesd
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Fantastic time for everyone. I think I've been going since the 1900's.

smith181992
05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Well, it looks like I'll be making it to this one! I wanted to make last years, but unfortunately, my motor said otherwise :(. But I will be finished with the build in a couple weeks, so I should have plenty of time to work out all the bugs, and get it tuned and all of that great stuff. And I've bought another mn12 now, so it looks like I'll be hauling both of mine there :). Couple questions for you guys. What are the costs of entering the race and dyno? and I've got a buddy going with me that would wanna run his car and dyno it, but its a 3 valve mustang. I know he won't be able to actually enter the competitions, but will he still be able to come out and have fun or is it strictly mn12's allowed?

mywhite89
05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Well, it looks like I'll be making it to this one! I wanted to make last years, but unfortunately, my motor said otherwise :(. But I will be finished with the build in a couple weeks, so I should have plenty of time to work out all the bugs, and get it tuned and all of that great stuff. And I've bought another mn12 now, so it looks like I'll be hauling both of mine there :). Couple questions for you guys. What are the costs of entering the race and dyno? and I've got a buddy going with me that would wanna run his car and dyno it, but its a 3 valve mustang. I know he won't be able to actually enter the competitions, but will he still be able to come out and have fun or is it strictly mn12's allowed?

Costs should be posted on the shootout website as that information becomes available. As far as your buddy, I don't think that is a problem at all since you are a part of the community. There is a certain cost you pay which includes lunch at the cars show, dinner that night, a t-shirt, and racing, etc. I was thinking that was under $100 last year per person. Either way, I recommend participating in all, it is a very good time and well worth whatever the cost has to be. I'm going to guess racing only is $35-45 and you can run your car as many times down the track as you or your car handle.

One of our buddys Shane doesn't even own a mn12 anymore but we still made him bring his vette out last year. Another guy Michael Menke, same thing but he was afraid to bring his.....lol

Chris

90blkbrd
05-13-2013, 01:59 PM
One of our buddys Shane doesn't even own a mn12 anymore but we still made him bring his vette out last year. Another guy Michael Menke, same thing but he was afraid to bring his.....lol

I not afraid to bring it. Who knows I might even be able to beat one in a race. I just feel it is a bit silly to drive a non SC/XR7/MN12 car 11 hours one way to the shootout.

I think this is an amazing event. If you want to see some of the very best, fastest, most powerful SC/XR7's in the country and want to hear all about these cars, this is the event to go to. The people are great, they are outgoing, and are always willing to give advice.

Disclaimer: If you go to this event you will end up spending more money on your car and vow you will be there next year and never want to miss another one.

nickleman60
05-13-2013, 04:52 PM
I've got a buddy going with me that would wanna run his car and dyno it, but its a 3 valve mustang. I know he won't be able to actually enter the competitions, but will he still be able to come out and have fun or is it strictly mn12's allowed?

He can enter his Mustang in the bracket racing because it's open to anything. There was also a couple of Mustangs that dyno'd last year, one was a 2013 GT500 Cobra with only a few hundred miles on it, I think it dyno'd close to 600 rwhp.

mywhite89
05-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I not afraid to bring it. Who knows I might even be able to beat one in a race. I just feel it is a bit silly to drive a non SC/XR7/MN12 car 11 hours one way to the shootout.

I think this is an amazing event. If you want to see some of the very best, fastest, most powerful SC/XR7's in the country and want to hear all about these cars, this is the event to go to. The people are great, they are outgoing, and are always willing to give advice.

Disclaimer: If you go to this event you will end up spending more money on your car and vow you will be there next year and never want to miss another one.

I just gotta bust your chops like everyone else, at least a little bit:). Hope you plan to come this year again, car or not.

Chris

nickleman60
05-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Disclaimer: If you go to this event you will end up spending more money on your car

Ain't that the truth............I'm working on a 5k blower upgrade......:eek:

davec73
05-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Ain't that the truth............I'm working on a 5k blower upgrade......:eek:
Different boat same water built a completeley new motor trans and blower for mine
Uh yeah lol:D

kenewagner
05-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Hope you plan to come this year again, car or not.

Chris

Dont worry I will drag him there:D Actually he likes coming every year hoping he can drive my car faster than myself.

Ken

smith181992
05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Alright, thanks guys! We will be there for sure:D. looking forward to meeting everyone

Quik95SC
05-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Alright, thanks guys! We will be there for sure:D. looking forward to meeting everyone

As time gets closer, shoot me a PM or reply here and maybe we can work out driving up together. If it works out the same for us. I usually leave early on Friday morning to get there around 12-1 in the afternoon.

Smitty

smith181992
05-14-2013, 06:49 PM
As time gets closer, shoot me a PM or reply here and maybe we can work out driving up together. If it works out the same for us. I usually leave early on Friday morning to get there around 12-1 in the afternoon.

Smitty

Works for me man, I'm about 2 and a half southwest of you, will be taking I65 there unless you have a better way, we can meet for sure! it would be nice to get a fleet of supercoupes riding in together :D

Ben

David Neibert
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Costs should be posted on the shootout website as that information becomes available. As far as your buddy, I don't think that is a problem at all since you are a part of the community. There is a certain cost you pay which includes lunch at the cars show, dinner that night, a t-shirt, and racing, etc. I was thinking that was under $100 last year per person. Either way, I recommend participating in all, it is a very good time and well worth whatever the cost has to be. I'm going to guess racing only is $35-45 and you can run your car as many times down the track as you or your car handle.

Chris

The only registration option I'm aware of that allowed for Racing is the full competitive weekend pass. If it's not an MN12 or FN10 the only class the car is eligible to compete in, is Bracket ET. If we just let people buy in for the track and skip everything else, we couldn't afford the rent the track.

David

89XR7TD
06-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Gotta get on the phone and snag a room :D

Great times!!!

Tom

Finally got on the phone n made reservations :-)

Looking forward to another great SuperCoolCoupe weekend
with everyone!

jludorf
06-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Just booked my hotel. Hope to arrive Thursday this year. This year I will be at the right hotel too.. Can't wait to see everybody again.

XB-70
06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Kurt Sunday and I have reserved rooms too. Tie up your lose women, err, not on my account.

We SSCoSouthWest dudes, now grey haired "locos" expect to do a few burnouts and some track time. All in moderation.

Look forward to the gathering!

Colonel glenn

ALS35
06-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Just booked my room. John won't be the only one flying a Canadian flag. See you all then and old aquaintences will be renewed.
Alan

elanoresc
06-19-2013, 07:36 PM
I have been flirting with the thought of going but I don't want to get laughed at with the car id bring its sound but a def. work in progress I look at all your guys cars and its like dang still have a ways to go

davec73
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I have been flirting with the thought of going but I don't want to get laughed at with the car id bring its sound but a def. work in progress I look at all your guys cars and its like dang still have a ways to go

I went last year with a car that didn't even run in hopes we would pull off a miracle and get it up and running. If you plan on doing something with your car this is an event you don't want to miss. I personally had a great time even though my car wasn't running. I hope I never miss another one!

elanoresc
06-19-2013, 08:12 PM
The car runs like a raped ape rebuilt engine trans from Charles warner new interior suspension tires exhaust just have original paint looks bad I think im going to go though I have a few of these cars been into them for five years now and just found this forum heck just started using a computer lol

pro street rich
06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
The car runs like a raped ape rebuilt engine trans from Charles warner new interior suspension tires exhaust just have original paint looks bad I think im going to go though I have a few of these cars been into them for five years now and just found this forum heck just started using a computer lol

Over the years there have been cars that you would not be seen in and guess what.....no one cared, they just got in there and helped the guy. I have helped take a few cars that were broken back home for their owners, That is what this is all about.. Heck I even took one of my cars home with a blown engine... One year I was changing a water pump in the back lot of the hotel after a smokie burn out....but we all got thru it.....Rich

davec73
06-19-2013, 11:39 PM

Mine has the original paint too I am taking it to the body shop Friday to get the chips fixed and an early model bumper installed. its a work in progress man these cars are 20 years old it takes time, rome wasn't built in a day.

elanoresc
06-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the support fellas I think I will come spectate and drool over some cars

Quik95SC
06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the support fellas I think I will come spectate and drool over some cars

That is great, we would love to have you make it.

Where are you going to be coming from?
You may have some fellow SC folks close to you or along your route that you might be able to convoy in with.

Hope to see you there,

Smitty

jco1385
06-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I just found this. My brother lives in Lexington so that would be perfect. Maybe I'll have my bird done before this. It's certainly motivation. :cool:

David Neibert
06-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Bring your car, the Shootout is more about GO than SHOW ! I promise you will have a great time.

David

89XR7TD
06-25-2013, 02:30 PM

I've done that a couple years LoL!

elanoresc
06-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Im in Michigan bout half hour west of Detroit I ran in to a couple guys on here from here but have yet to meet any most from the big city might have to make it there to get a convoy buddy before hand just hate city traffic in a rare car they dint mass produce that you have more $ in to than you have hair on your head im sure you guys with the big $ wrapped in know what im saying...Any way is there some where I send money reservation for event to

elanoresc
06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
im always forced to drive around with contour svt's four doors sideways motor idk strange but better than riding with ricers with their wings three stories high and farts cans :D

SCrazy
06-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Im in Michigan bout half hour west of Detroit I ran in to a couple guys on here from here but have yet to meet any most from the big city might have to make it there to get a convoy buddy before hand just hate city traffic in a rare car they dint mass produce that you have more $ in to than you have hair on your head im sure you guys with the big $ wrapped in know what im saying...Any way is there some where I send money reservation for event to

The shootout website www.sc-shootout.com has info on hotel reservations. The actual event registration stuff is not yet active but we'll make an announcement as soon as it is.

bumpskier45
07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
is there a fee to race your car? this is my first shootout not sure what the steps are to get on the dyno list,make a run to see how fast my car is with just a few bolt on's. Also been a registered user since november of 2012,how do you become a member,I am going to have this car for a long time,and want to get really involved with this site.

89XR7TD
07-12-2013, 09:27 AM
When you register...you can pay the added cost for racing
Or plus Dyno when filling out the registration form.

I don't think the registration is open just yet though...
Keep looking!

Quik95SC
07-14-2013, 11:29 PM
is there a fee to race your car? this is my first shootout not sure what the steps are to get on the dyno list,make a run to see how fast my car is with just a few bolt on's. Also been a registered user since november of 2012,how do you become a member,I am going to have this car for a long time,and want to get really involved with this site.

If you go to the SCCOA.com main web page there is a link near the top that says "Join". Follow the instructions there, it uses PayPal to automate the process and you get instant access.

I am located in Clarksville, so if you need anything let me know.

Smitty

TSC89
07-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Reserved my room today.

kenewagner
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Reserved my room today.

About time:D

Ken

bumpskier45
07-30-2013, 02:15 PM
wow fast95sc you are like less than an hour from me,I live in portland tn.Well the registration page is not open yet as predicted but I will keep checking.Got my membership taken care of though thanks.Trying to get my car ready for the shootout,engine wise its ready just did a few bolt ons and that was it other than that its stock so I will look like im going in slow motion lol. Its the interior that is taking the time right at the moment its the carpet that is giving me fits,got mine from bill at supercoupe performance,carpet looks ok just hard to work with as stiff as it is he recomended to get a heat gun.Anyway will see you all at the shoot out.

TSC89
07-30-2013, 08:48 PM
About time:D

Ken

Get back to the shop and finish that car! :D

kenewagner
07-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Get back to the shop and finish that car! :D

See thats just it, Im at the shop every single day working on it. I feel like it owns me not the other way around:D

Ken

SCrazy
07-31-2013, 08:17 AM
Stay tuned about the registration page. We are working on upgrading it and it's taking a little more doing than we originally thought but it should be up soon.

TSC89
07-31-2013, 09:06 PM
See thats just it, Im at the shop every single day working on it. I feel like it owns me not the other way around:D

Ken

It must be a modern version of "Christine." After all, it is red. :eek:

Kurt Sunday
08-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Anyone remember about a two years ago --the Buick Grand National guys had a national meet and professional crooks showed up at their hotel and stole cars and even some tow vehicles.

Should we look into some kind of security at night for our cars at the Shootout?

At the March 2012 SCCoSW Meet we each pitched in $20 and hired a security guard for the nights.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Put Scott Long on the roof with a snipper rifile?

BLOWN38
08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone remember about a two years ago --the Buick Grand National guys had a national meet and professional crooks showed up at their hotel and stole cars and even some tow vehicles.

Should we look into some kind of security at night for our cars at the Shootout?

At the March 2012 SCCoSW Meet we each pitched in $20 and hired a security guard for the nights.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Put Scott Long on the roof with a snipper rifile?

Nobody wants a SC... thats why I drive em.:cool:

Jacob_Royer
08-03-2013, 07:39 AM
What would they do? Jack our cars and sell them back to us?? Limited market on sc's and Sc parts! It would be way to difficult for them to sell parts to anyone but the group they stole them from! You're more likely to get a ford focus stolen!

mellbutler
08-06-2013, 02:15 AM
This year's Shootout will be the weekend of October 5th & 6th at Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City, Kentucky (same as last year).

Hotel will be the same Hampton Inn that we used last year and we are working on a return of the portable Dyno.

We have booked the track and are in the process of booking the hotel and dyno so this date is now set in stone. I know that a date has been previously mentioned for a week earlier but the track was booked for that weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience if folks have already made plans.

We will be working to update the Shootout website and get the registration page up and we will also notify everyone when we can start calling to book rooms.

We are looking forward to another great event!!!!!

You might add that Friday night is meet and great, for those who are new. That's why I missed it my first yr....didn't know about it

mellbutler
08-06-2013, 02:18 AM
I just woke up dreaming about racing quads and sc's at the same track ( I wish it could be done) but that my my sc sense, it's shootout time! Booking room tomorrow. Hope to have my red racer going...matt working like hell on it when he can...if not have to bring the snail cars again

do you pay extra if our kids come? other than hotel?

Kurt Sunday
08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
What would they do? Jack our cars and sell them back to us?? Limited market on sc's and Sc parts! It would be way to difficult for them to sell parts to anyone but the group they stole them from! You're more likely to get a ford focus stolen!

From http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html
Total Regal Grand Nationals produced from 1982 to 1987 was 30,022.

Production numbers for the Super Coupe are around 55,000

Seems to me like the Grand National is even a more "limited market"

In my opinion, applying the statement or attitude that our cars are not interesting or potential theft targets at a national gathering is not wise. The fact is that cars and tow vehicles were stolen at a Grand National meet that was advertised and promoted on the internet –just like the Shootout.

SCrazy
08-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Kurt.....I will make some phone calls and see what a guard for Friday and Saturday nights might cost us.

Jacob_Royer
08-06-2013, 11:46 AM
From http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html
Total Regal Grand Nationals produced from 1982 to 1987 was 30,022.

Production numbers for the Super Coupe are around 55,000

Seems to me like the Grand National is even a more "limited market"

In my opinion, applying the statement or attitude that our cars are not interesting or potential theft targets at a national gathering is not wise. The fact is that cars and tow vehicles were stolen at a Grand National meet that was advertised and promoted on the internet –just like the Shootout.

How is the truth not wise? I'm sure their are ALOT more grand nationals on the road still then supercoupes! Nobody is going to steal our cars! And if someone stole my tow vehicle they would be doing me a favour! It would be next to impossible to sell the parts to anyone that wasn't involved in the sccoa ! If you guys want to pay for a security guard go for it! But don't expect me to chip in! Car thiefs take stuff they can sell without getting caught! You are more likely to get a dodge caravan stolen !

Kurt Sunday
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Jacob,
Looks like we don't see eye to eye concerning this.

Based on past events -I think it is very possible that professional crooks could target our event that is being promoted on the internet.

Also, keep in mind crooks may not simply target Super Coupe parts. Unlike you, members have nice tow vehicles, trailers, sound systems, rims/tires, and hot girlfriends.

This post ends my pissing contest with you. I look forward to seeing you at the Shootout. I'll be the guy that had way too many beers to stay up all night keeping an eye on our cars.

Brian,
Thank you for looking into it. I'll pick up the entire cost for the security.

Nettlesd
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I say we all pitch in to pay someone to steal Kurt Sunday?

Ken Seegers
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
I say we all pitch in to pay someone to steal Kurt Sunday?

I'll do it...something tells me I will be doing it for free.:rolleyes:

Jacob_Royer
08-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Jacob,
Looks like we don't see eye to eye concerning this.

Based on past events -I think it is very possible that professional crooks could target our event that is being promoted on the internet.

Also, keep in mind crooks may not simply target Super Coupe parts. Unlike you, members have nice tow vehicles, trailers, sound systems, rims/tires, and hot girlfriends.

This post ends my pissing contest with you. I look forward to seeing you at the Shootout. I'll be the guy that had way too many beers to stay up all night keeping an eye on our cars.

Brian,
Thank you for looking into it. I'll pick up the entire cost for the security.

I'm by no means trying to have a pissing contest ! I'm just not wanting to see people worry about something that isn't going to be an issue. I have a brand new trailer BTW and a nice stereo in my Sc BUT everything is insured so I'm not going through life worried about it! I'd be more concerned about someone robbing peoples homes while they are gone. (This I'm not worried about because my wife will be home)

XB-70
08-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Jacob, et all.

Who you need to worry about while your away from home is the IRS!! That " Jody will get your Cadillac" home and what have you.

For the great organizing team. Thanks for putting this event together. Kudos! Security it always a good idea and count me in with Kurt and others too help fund it. Don't mean to impose on others for sure.

It's not that I worry about my SC flock as much as the many that may opt to use "towing toys" that are on the "sticky fingers" most wanted list for parting and selling. Check insurance facts. If you have an F-250, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, RAMs or other rig to tow with, these are on the hit parade. While we are all busy racing, gawking each others' blown birds, and enjoying more than a few adult beverages......., I am confident someone will be watching for our goods. We all best hope it is not... Uncle.

Cheers, Colonel glenn

Kurt Sunday
08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5852584/help-us-find-this-stolen-buick-grand-national

http://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/1479624-5-grand-nationals-tow-rigs-stolen-bowling-green-last-night.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/1479624-5-grand-nationals-tow-rigs-stolen-bowling-green-last-night.html

elanoresc
08-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Jeleous of you guys that have birds worth stealing :D

elanoresc
08-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah low lifes would have a field day with all them after market rims and stereos easy to sell heck I would but a pair of hots just messing with you guys not that much of a dick lol :D

nmcbchief
08-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Security? Really? That is what I pay insurance premiums for. I will even top it off with gas for them if they need. My hard earned cash will go elsewhere. Not to be an azz but seriously....who are they going to sell parts to?

davec73
08-07-2013, 01:44 AM
There are people up to the we hours of the morning and then you have your early riser anyway. Plus the place has bats, ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Jacob_Royer
08-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Security? Really? That is what I pay insurance premiums for. I will even top it off with gas for them if they need. My hard earned cash will go elsewhere. Not to be an azz but seriously....who are they going to sell parts to?

If they sold the parts we would be to cheap to give them enough $$ for said parts!

BLOWN38
08-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Honestly I do worry about people stealing my stuff. I would rather not have the head ache of dealing with it after its stolen. Been there done that back in high school. No more big stereos for me. I do take precautions myself every year at the shootout.;)

rzimmerl
08-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Honestly I do worry about people stealing my stuff. I would rather not have the head ache of dealing with it after its stolen. Been there done that back in high school. No more big stereos for me. I do take precautions myself every year at the shootout.;)

Well put Chris. Nothing like have the truck, trailer, and SC along with all the gear stolen and dealing with getting it all back. A $70k+ insurance claim for several vehicles and items won't be easy to settle, good insurance or not.

elanoresc
08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
So getting ready for some last minute updates on the 89 the one im bringing no mods anyways waiting for a guy to get back in town to sell me mandrel exhaust with down tubes and cats good deal but question is should I dump out sides like my other car or run full exhaust would have to do tank swap already have tank just looking for some insight

Miller
08-07-2013, 06:47 PM
As far as the ahootout is concerned, its not last minutes until two weeks befor the show. Thats when everybody gets it in gear

mywhite89
08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
The kind of things I see go down at night lol....do we really need a person of possible law enforcement too close?:eek: In all seriousness, I wouldnt want any of my stuff tampered with nor would I want to see anyone elses stuff be tampered with either. I beleive there is more chance of theft from within than outside too. With that said, I have never heard of anyone having a problem and there always seems to be someone outside smoking or whatever at any time.

If there is a security guard hired, I would chip in, but I think everyone just needs to keep an eye out at night.(I really believe most people already do this) Along with many of you I take pride in all my cars. Anytime I have been to the shootout I natually have that thought in the back of my mind and Im always periodically checking out the window for anything suspicious to not only my stuff but anyone elses in my field of vision. Some of us have great insurance others not, I dont want to use my insurance if I don't have to ever!

chris

SCrazy
08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I've gone back and forth a couple of times with the hotel about security. They are going to get back to me with a cost of hiring a dedicated person to monitor the lot.

BUT...they have also agreed to do some things extra for us at no charge. First they have contacted the local police who have agreed to take a lap around the lot 4 or 5 times between midnight and sunrise and the hotel will have their desk person walk around the lot every hour from when we go in until sunrise.

I'll get back to you guys when I have the $$ for the guard but I'm thinking the extra security the hotel can do for us could be good enough.

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Now we all get locked up for public intoxication! Gee thanks!

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Nothing happened last year... it was nice that law enforcement left us alone.. so did the hotel staff! Why screw that up?? What if people are up late road tunning on there cars? Now they get a ticket? What if I get drunk and pee on a bush? No harm done last year now the cops that keep driving through lock me up ... is the security guy going to call the cops on Ppl and be a general annoyance ? If I'm mounting my slicks Saturday night is he going to be over there thinking I'm stealing somones rims? What if I'm loading my car up? "Stop thief stop!"what about all the people that sell/trade parts ? "Stop thief where did you get that wiper cowl?" Really!!?? You guys are going to mess up what was always a good time with no hassles and nobody getting robbed. I look out for other peoples stuff im sure they would for mine! If I see punks in dark clothes sneaking around jacking peoples rims I'm going to stop them! Geeze step back and think about all this before you guys get to excited !

Dirtyd0g
08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
It takes a special kind of person to pour this kind of money in these cars it would take a really special kind of idiot to risk stealing this stuff with a limited market. Kentucky is an open carry state if it makes you feel better. This group isn't like your typical mustang or GM muscle car group, I feel confident that if any of the people in this group saw something suspicious they would get involved. With any luck with not only me but my car as well I fully intend on making it this year. I hated missing last year but it just wasn't possible for me. Hope to get a few weekends of test runs on the car to make sure it is good and ready, waiting on recovery from back surgery to have myself ready.
Alan

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
It takes a special kind of person to pour this kind of money in these cars it would take a really special kind of idiot to risk stealing this stuff with a limited market. Kentucky is an open carry state if it makes you feel better. This group isn't like your typical mustang or GM muscle car group, I feel confident that if any of the people in this group saw something suspicious they would get involved. With any luck with not only me but my car as well I fully intend on making it this year. I hated missing last year but it just wasn't possible for me. Hope to get a few weekends of test runs on the car to make sure it is good and ready, waiting on recovery from back surgery to have myself ready.
Alan

Amen! I'd say the majority of the Sc community are also firearms enthusiasts :)

davec73
08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I will do it one night til 3 am or so as long as someone pitches in for beer, no need for the police to be at the hotel unless groth gets out of hand. I volunteer to stay up and drink beer and watch for any thieves without a problem, who's with me!

Tim Groth
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I will do it one night til 3 am or so as long as someone pitches in for beer, no need for the police to be at the hotel unless groth gets out of hand. I volunteer to stay up and drink beer and watch for any thieves without a problem, who's with me!

This events went on for how many years again without a security issue? What's the crime rate in Clay City KY again...lol

Seems like over kill to me.

-Tim

Kurt K
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
*sigh* no more flippy-cup :(

Quik95SC
08-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I have read all the post in this thread and finally decided to add my own comments.

Never in the last 7 years I have been going to these shootouts have I ever heard of anyone say something was stolen, lost or out of place in any SC /Cougar or any other MN12. That goes for tow vehicles as well.

We are a close knit group who look out for each other in many amazing ways and with the way this event last well into the wee hours of the morning and the location we are at I see no reason to have a member of law enforcement keep randomly showing up to "check" on our vehicles.

Like was said earlier, we are just asking for issues if we get actual law enforcement folks involved. Lets face it, we do a few things that are not exactly law enforcement friendly, so to have that element around on a constant basis, would probably not be a good thing.

Can anyone think on any time a members car was tampered with or a tow vehilce while attending a shootout??

Lets just leave it as is and has been and roll as usual.

Smitty

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 04:44 PM

Provided we dont run out of beer I will back you up!

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Amen!! Keep the law enforcement out of this and continue on as usual!

I have read all the post in this thread and finally decided to add my own comments.

Never in the last 7 years I have been going to these shootouts have I ever heard of anyone say something was stolen, lost or out of place in any SC /Cougar or any other MN12. That goes for tow vehicles as well.

We are a close knit group who look out for each other in many amazing ways and with the way this event last well into the wee hours of the morning and the location we are at I see no reason to have a member of law enforcement keep randomly showing up to "check" on our vehicles.

Like was said earlier, we are just asking for issues if we get actual law enforcement folks involved. Lets face it, we do a few things that are not exactly law enforcement friendly, so to have that element around on a constant basis, would probably not be a good thing.

Can anyone think on any time a members car was tampered with or a tow vehilce while attending a shootout??

Lets just leave it as is and has been and roll as usual.

Smitty

ricardoa1
08-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Yup like expired tags and not being on the trailer. I don't need junk towed and I don't plan on driving it on and off every night..

XB-70
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I've gone back and forth a couple of times with the hotel about security. They are going to get back to me with a cost of hiring a dedicated person to monitor the lot.

BUT...they have also agreed to do some things extra for us at no charge. First they have contacted the local police who have agreed to take a lap around the lot 4 or 5 times between midnight and sunrise and the hotel will have their desk person walk around the lot every hour from when we go in until sunrise.

I'll get back to you guys when I have the $$ for the guard but I'm thinking the extra security the hotel can do for us could be good enough.

Brian,

I think what you have now set up with the hotel and they with local LE for the O'dark 30 hours will fit the bill just fine. Don't think we were implying to have more than that, but in case the hotel would not support you. Sounds like a cool manager at this place. May have to bring him a SCCoA token of aprreciation?

Thanks,

glenn

davec73
08-08-2013, 07:32 PM
If there are police lapping the building It is definitely going to affect the fun factor of the event. We can handle the security issues ourselves with a little volunteering here and there. If there had been something stolen in the past I would see the need for concern but because the Grand national guys had some stuff stolen somewhere else in the country or the mustang guys shouldn't be a concern of ours.

Tim Groth
08-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm really missing the connection between a Grand national club event and our own. Anyone can have a bad situation happen, so why is that going to be the model we use?

Doesn't seem logical at all. Also why allow their experience over shadow 10 years of successful events?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Clay-City-Kentucky.html

Looks safe to me, any ladies wanting to rape me to bring that 0 statistic up to meet the national average hit me up...

Anyone that's went to an event w parking lot security should already be aware how much that honestly blows.

Tim

Jacob_Royer
08-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Call off the le and the hotel management patrol!! that's a bunch of bs ! Don't ruin the event over concern of something that will never happen!

SCrazy
08-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Kurt .... Do you have anything more to add? I would say that most folks who are vocal are saying not to bother with anything.

Miller
08-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Just a thought but maybe posting there wont be security, or what time security will start, shouldnt be done so publicly.. Maybe at least members only ? Criminals gots the intanets tooo

davec73
08-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I understand that guys are concerned about there stuff staying where they left it, I am a big fan myself. The hotel is private property so under normal circumstances the police cant and wont just patrol through the parking lot. However if you invite them too the property to "check on things" they will check tags and nitpick and conceivably people money and grief they didn't ask for. I had a blast at this event last year and would like to continue to attend on an annual basis but I am with Tim why worry about something that isn't a concern? Kurt if you are worried about security for your car I can understand that and certainly want you to feel that your property is safe. However when your concerns about theft of others property affects the overall outcome of an event when it has never been a concern I think we out to think about taking care of things internally. Friday night I will be more than happy to keep an eye out til the wee hours of the morning and im sure I am not alone.

David Neibert
08-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Can we please stop talking about all this security stuff and start talking about who is coming and what they are bringing. I'm bringing the big dog (93 SC) this year and will be going for the lowest ET ever ran during the Shootout. Doubt I can beat Richard Rogers time unless race conditions are perfect, but I'm pretty confident I can get real close in any weather.

1 . Richard Rogers --------------------------- 9.7467 @ 138.56
2 . Chris Lazzo ------------------------------ 9.9609 @ 141.56
3 . David Neibert ---------------------------- 10.0482 @ 138.99

David

kenewagner
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
I agree, We should be trash talking who were going to beat on the track:D

Ken

KMT
08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty confident I can get real close in any weather.

1 . Richard Rogers --------------------------- 9.7467 @ 138.56
2 . Chris Lazzo ------------------------------ 9.9609 @ 141.56
3 . David Neibert ---------------------------- 10.0482 @ 138.99

David

You'd have that 3 tenths easy if you just lower the antenna...

Wzenheimer
08-09-2013, 12:29 PM
You'd have that 3 tenths easy if you just lower the antenna...

Or let me drive....I'm usually good for at least .2 :eek::D

Jacob_Royer
08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
The 13s club better be on their game! I've got something for them :) lol

BLOWN38
08-09-2013, 01:28 PM
The 13s club better be on their game! I've got something for them :) lol

Maybe mine will run 13's this year.

Ira R.
08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Maybe mine will run 13's this year.

I would challange you to a race but I'm not sure I can walk the full 1320'! :eek: :p

Ira

kenewagner
08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
I would challange you to a race but I'm not sure I can walk the full 1320'! :eek: :p

Ira

I would loan you my cane but I might need it. Besides I keep hearing that the king is back. Pretty sure you got something up your sleeve beside a hairy elbow:D

Ken

davec73
08-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Mine will be there, what it will run is a mystery but I'm anxious to see if I can paddle my way to a sub 13 sec time

Dirtyd0g
08-09-2013, 05:11 PM
That is where I am right now My car went 14.06 first time out with tons of issues some of which have been worked out and some of which are just going to take a little time and patience. I got to look at the front end and make sure it is all ok but other than that it should be ready to go.
Alan

David Neibert
08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Or let me drive....I'm usually good for at least .2 :eek::D

That's what I'm afraid of. Hate to have to put an asterisk next to my best time because I wasn't driving.

KMT
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm usually good for at least .2 :eek::D

:) Like they say, it's the singer, not the song...

davec73
08-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm going on a diet so I don't have to take my spare tire out it will already be gone!:cool:

XR7 Dave
08-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Never in the last 7 years I have been going to these shootouts have I ever heard of anyone say something was stolen, lost or out of place in any SC /Cougar or any other MN12.

That may be true, but last year someone left us their dog. :eek:

Quik95SC
08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
That may be true, but last year someone left us their dog. :eek:

That was a local dog and the local folks kept him if I remember correctly. Right Sally and Anthony?? :D

So see, still nothing has ever been stolen or damaged, at a shootout! I expect it will stay that way. ;)

Kurt Sunday
08-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Kurt .... Do you have anything more to add? I would say that most folks who are vocal are saying not to bother with anything.

Most folks? All folks, to be exact. I now truly regret my initial post. Personally, it really rattled me to the core when I read about what happened to the Grand National guys and was simply thinking about hiring a plastic badge to keep an eye on our cars. Having local law enforcement around is the last thing I want to see.

Sorry for the troubles.

Sincerely,
Kurt Sunday

Dirtyd0g
08-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Most folks? All folks, to be exact. I now truly regret my initial post. Personally, it really rattled me to the core when I read about what happened to the Grand National guys and was simply thinking about hiring a plastic badge to keep an eye on our cars. Having local law enforcement around is the last thing I want to see.

Sorry for the troubles.

Sincerely,
Kurt Sunday

If it makes you feel better we will put a spiked collar and a leash on you and let you bark at anyone who looks suspicious!
Alan

SCrazy
08-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Sorry for the troubles.

Sincerely,
Kurt Sunday

The rep at the hotel was well intentioned but definitely took things in the wrong direction on us.

elanoresc
08-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Is the main registration open yet going to hopefuly book a room today if theres any left just wanting to get everything set up

David Neibert
08-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Is the main registration open yet going to hopefuly book a room today if theres any left just wanting to get everything set up

Hotel information is on this page and it's probably a good idea to make your reservation now.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo2013.htm

Registration to attend the event should be up and running in a couple more weeks. We will be sure to announce it the day it's open.

David

elanoresc
08-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Room booked thanks Dave ill be seeing everyone there

Mercutio
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Just made my hotel reservation. I'm looking forward to the event, as always--this'll be my 8th Shootout.

Pat DiPersia
08-13-2013, 10:01 AM
If it makes you feel better we will put a spiked collar and a leash on you and let you bark at anyone who looks suspicious!
Alan

Too late!!

Ira R.
08-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Too late!!

Hey Pat, are you going to make it? I don't think anyone remembers what you look like anymore. :confused: :eek:

Ira

Kurt Sunday
08-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Alan

Have you been talking to my ex-wife?

I hope her car gets stolen.

Pat DiPersia
08-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey Pat, are you going to make it? I don't think anyone remembers what you look like anymore. :confused: :eek:

Ira

Certain people even think I'm someone else (Which is just fine in my book!)

That week is tough for me which is why many years I haven't made it. I WAS at Carlisle - didn't see you (Mr. Local) there! But I would like to make it this year and haven't ruled it out yet. It's really going to depend on work.

Ira R.
08-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Certain people even think I'm someone else (Which is just fine in my book!)

That week is tough for me which is why many years I haven't made it. I WAS at Carlisle - didn't see you (Mr. Local) there! But I would like to make it this year and haven't ruled it out yet. It's really going to depend on work.

Local!? Well I guess 5 hours is local enough. No excuses then, but I wasn't around this year anyway - in KC on a family run.

Ira

David Neibert
08-14-2013, 11:18 AM

You're self employed...just give yourself a few days off :cool:

Jacob_Royer
08-14-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope binary editors dragstrip function is as whack as the mpg one or I'll be running 16s!! Lol

KYSal
08-15-2013, 03:00 PM
I just hope mine comes off the trailer under it's own power instead of rolling it off.

Ok, just kidding. It was OFF just not RUNNING correctly. :D

Smitty and Dave, "Coupe" will be back at the Shootout representin'

Quik95SC
08-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I just hope mine comes off the trailer under it's own power instead of rolling it off.

Ok, just kidding. It was OFF just not RUNNING correctly. :D

Smitty and Dave, "Coupe" will be back at the Shootout representin'

Representin' what, how a supercoupe doesn't run, don't you think we have enough of those examples?? :eek:

Anyway! :rolleyes: I have heard that for 2 years now. If your scared, just say so, that would be the womanly thing to do! LOL

You don't need to show up and try and ruin my quest for a 3-peat anyway!!:D Your car looks just fine sitting still anyway, it doesn't need to go down the track!!:p

See you guys soon!

Smitty

89XR7TD
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Getting closer boys and girls :)

Jacob_Royer
08-26-2013, 05:02 AM
I got my new led taillights installed and wired on the trailer last night! Only 50 million more things to do lol! At least the Sc has a good tune now! Still gotta mount slicks, swap rear ends and install nitrous!

nmcbchief
08-26-2013, 05:35 AM
I got my new led taillights installed and wired on the trailer last night! Only 50 million more things to do lol! At least the Sc has a good tune now! Still gotta mount slicks, swap rear ends and install nitrous!
Get to work!!!!

davec73
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Get to work!!!!What the heck were you doing up at 435 am lol

nmcbchief
08-26-2013, 11:15 AM
What the heck were you doing up at 435 am lol

Doing work!!! Trying to get caught up on everything.

Jacob_Royer
08-26-2013, 11:21 AM
What the heck were you doing up at 435 am lol

4:35am?? Lightweights!!! I've been up since 1am!

elanoresc
08-26-2013, 07:34 PM
So im bringing my stock bird I might have one or two bolt ons but I noticed I cant compete in the classes that there are is there a stock class or just going to run myself for fun :):rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
08-26-2013, 08:09 PM
So im bringing my stock bird I might have one or two bolt ons but I noticed I cant compete in the classes that there are is there a stock class or just going to run myself for fun :):rolleyes: For cars that don't fit the heads up index classes, there is a bracket class so you definitely won't be running yourself.

KYSal
08-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah well my mechanic has not been giving me the attention I so need... and he has promised it will be there this year. It's GONNA be there and hopefully FASTER than Coupe. But he IS a good representation of what my car has done for two years now. Just wait you'll understand...really cute, but kinda runs in slow motion. :)

And heck no I am not scared, let me drive yours and I'll prove it. hehehehe

Representin' what, how a supercoupe doesn't run, don't you think we have enough of those examples?? :eek:

Anyway! :rolleyes: I have heard that for 2 years now. If your scared, just say so, that would be the womanly thing to do! LOL

You don't need to show up and try and ruin my quest for a 3-peat anyway!!:D Your car looks just fine sitting still anyway, it doesn't need to go down the track!!:p

See you guys soon!

Smitty

elanoresc
08-26-2013, 08:53 PM
For cars that don't fit the heads up index classes, there is a bracket class so you definitely won't be running yourself.

Cool makes me feel better thanks Dave

BLOWN38
08-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Cool makes me feel better thanks Dave

I'll prolly be runnin with ya in the brackets.:)

quick35th
09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I need to register still and see about getting a room. This year maybe I will run the car. Clutch is broken in unlike last year but the tranny and diff are blownup. Should be back on the road end of the week or beginning next week.

Shane.

Jacob_Royer
09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Friday I'll probably be trying to get a nitrous tune in order any qh experts want to trade out knowledge for beer?

Jacob_Royer
09-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I'll be rolling out of Louisville Ky at 11am Friday if anyone wants to convoy the rest of the way.

David Neibert
09-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Shootout registration is open ! Go here to get signed up.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/sc2013.php

David

Ira R.
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
We're in!!

Kurt Sunday
09-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know if the Hampton Inn is Dog Friendly?

KMT
09-08-2013, 06:05 PM

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/kentucky/hampton-inn-winchester-LEXWIHX/about/policies.html

davec73
09-08-2013, 08:04 PM

If its a service animal Kurt l ol there is a nice hotel right next door as well

Jacob_Royer
09-08-2013, 09:14 PM
If its a service animal Kurt l ol there is a nice hotel right next door as well

I stayed in the one next door last year, the rooms are very nice but the breakfast sucked.. Not bad at all for the price though.

89XR7TD
09-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks like I'll be drilling out the snapped crank sensor bolts and found a slight antifreeze leak from the front of the intake manifold...

Gotta get busy for the Shootout's sake :)

elanoresc
09-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah it's crunch time I still have to change a leaking water pump and mp tensioner springs so it will be all ready to spectate

Jacob_Royer
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Any tuning gurus willing to look aver my tune Friday in exchange for beer just to make sure everything looks on the up and up?

Kurt K
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Any tuning gurus willing to look aver my tune Friday in exchange for beer just to make sure everything looks on the up and up?
I suggest not giving any beer until things are checked out:eek:

Jacob_Royer
09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I suggest not giving any beer until things are checked out:eek:

That would be best lol !

Hey anyone traveling i64 that needs race fuel there is a marathon just off of i64 Corydon In exit 105 sells unleaded vp110 for 7.39 a gallon pay at the pump 24hrs

kenewagner
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
It is looking like I will NOT be bring the car this year. I have a mechanical issue. The engine locks up and wont turn. It is likely a fastener made it into the intake at some point. I still have no located the problem and solved it as of yet. At this point It looks like I will have to pull the heads looking for the problem. I have to go to a wedding out on the east coast so I will lose this entire weekend. I only have next week to solve the problem, reassemble the engine and tune it. Its not looking promising.

Ken

SCrazy
09-12-2013, 01:54 PM
It is looking like I will NOT be bring the car this year. I have a mechanical issue. The engine locks up and wont turn. It is likely a fastener made it into the intake at some point. I still have no located the problem and solved it as of yet. At this point It looks like I will have to pull the heads looking for the problem. I have to go to a wedding out on the east coast so I will lose this entire weekend. I only have next week to solve the problem, reassemble the engine and tune it. Its not looking promising.

Ken

Oh NO!!!!

Sleep is optional!!!!!

David Neibert
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Ken

Ken,

If you run out of time, just trailer it down in pieces and we can work on it in the hotel parking lot. Have you made any changes to the motor other than the intake manifold ? Like a cam swap ??

David

nickleman60
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Ken

I hate to hear that Ken, I wanted to see what she would run. I hope the problem is minor and an easy fix, good luck.