MAF electronics question?

SuperCoupe

I have 2 spare stock MAF's but the part numbers on the electronics are different. One says F1SF-12B579-AA AFH70-02 and has a 2G03 stamped on it, and has a 70 and C38 on the underside (metal side), the other says E9SF-12B579-AA AFH55-03A and has a 8E07 stamped on it, C1 on the underside and the one that is installed on my SC has the same part # as the last one, but it has 8M07 stamped on it and C.3 on the underside.

Also, one of the spares has a screen in the housing...should I install the screen to the MAF I'm running?

Is this also what is considered the "sampling tube"?

TIA,
Jeff

Anyone? My SC is basically stock aside from the exhaust, and CAI, but I just bought a 75mm throttle body. Should I match the MAF to the TB, or go bigger with the MAF? Is there a limit as to how big you can go, and does it just put more air in the blower? Sorry, but I'm a little behind the curve as far as this stuff goes

It's my understanding that the 55 or 70 sensor should match what was originally used with the EEC in the car and not the MAF itself. 89-93 SC's should use the 55 and 94-95 SC's should use the 70 regardless of the actual size of the MAF being used. My SC is a 90 so I use the 55 in my 76mm MAF.

thanks...I have 2 55's and 1 70 if I'm looking at the parts numbers....I'll make sure I have a 55 in the car. Thanks again

not quite, not only are the sensors slightly different the housing that the sensor is in plays a HUGE role

the 94-95 automatic and manual supercoupes had two different maf sensors

all of the supercoupe maf sensors are 'close' enough that the o2s can dial in the fuel

ideally you want the stock sensor type and housing that the ecu is programmed for, unless you stuff a chip in it then you can put what ever maf on it you program the chip for

Back