Project MPXS MAX!

davec73

SCCoA Member
To those of you who viewed the previous thread I created another because it has not yet been moved from the member only threads.
I am starting this thread to announce that Charles at Magnum Powers has taken on a project for me on my MPXS. Last year the 95mm throttle body was introduced for us by Magnum Powers, we asked and he made it happen! Last year while buying parts for my car I chose to go with the MPX because of its cost and compatability with the SC and I wanted to keep my car M90 powered. I then had a custom abradive coated gen v rotor pack installed in it and set it up with the largest throttle body and intake available at the time which was an MP CAI and 85mm throttle body. This winter while my engine bay has been empty I got to thinking of how else I could increase the performance of my MPX setup to achieve my goal of 400 rwhp. I got with Charles at Magnum Powers and he is going to customize and enlarge my MPX inlet as much as possible. While he enlarges the inlet he is going to set it up for the 95 mm throttle body and make a 4" MP CAI to compliment the setup.

Charles and I will update this thread as the build progresses and I will post results as soon as the product is complete and the car is bieng dynoed at SCU when the motor is finished and tuned.

For those MPX owners that might be interested in this combination in the future just leave a post on the thread and he may bring the bigger inlet and Cold air intake into the product line to accept the 95mm tb and 4 inch intake if there is enough interest!

the current 3.5" tube, 85TB and MPxS isn't capable of 400rwhp? Pretty sure I've seen that setup put down ~385rwhp on pump gas

none the less this sounds like a fun project

Back