Fuel lines route

kenewagner

OK I have to confess I dont know how I should run the fuel lines to the new fuel rails. I had thought to have a T at the fire wall. The line from the pump going to it and then going to the rear of each fuel rail. Doing the same in the front and going to a fuel regulator and from the regulator to the return line. All the lines will be SS braided with AN fittings. Would love a simpler or cleaner way if anyone has one

Ken

OK I have to confess I dont know how I should run the fuel lines to the new fuel rails. I had thought to have a T at the fire wall. The line from the pump going to it and then going to the rear of each fuel rail. Doing the same in the front and going to a fuel regulator and from the regulator to the return line. All the lines will be SS braided with AN fittings. Would love a simpler or cleaner way if anyone has one

Ken

I did a Y in the fender and -8 into the rears, then 180 -8's back to the rails, i like the look.

18e3bfde.jpg

8e3e8d8b.jpg

Never seen it ran that way before. Does the hose rub on the valve covers? Which I do love those valve covers

Ken

Still looking for ideas. Corey route doesnt work on my setup, T in the front and rear???

Ken

Ken,

I've got dual 6AN hoses coming from tank to dual filters (stock location), and then dual hoses from filters through the inside of the passenger side fender and into the engine compartment connected to an "H" type fitting under the throttle body to equalize flow/pressure. From there a pair of 6AN lines supply fuel to the front of each rail, then 6AN lines coming off the back of each rail go over to the regulator (near firewall driver's side), then a single 6AN line runs from the regulator returning fuel back to the tank.

I'll post a couple pictures tonight.

David

What I did on the marauder is feed the front passenger side cross over in back and exit the driver side. Ran the feed up the pass side and the return down the driver.

I think if you can cross over in the front and feed/return from the rear that would be the cleanest.
20120428_113904.jpg

20120428_113941.jpg

fuelcrossover.jpg

Ken,

I've got dual 6AN hoses coming from tank to dual filters (stock location), and then dual hoses from filters through the inside of the passenger side fender and into the engine compartment connected to an "H" type fitting under the throttle body to equalize flow/pressure. From there a pair of 6AN lines supply fuel to the front of each rail, then 6AN lines coming off the back of each rail go over to the regulator (near firewall driver's side), then a single 6AN line runs from the regulator returning fuel back to the tank.

I'll post a couple pictures tonight.

David

I will look for the pictures. I had an idea to install the regulator under the passenger side cover on my car so I can keep the engine bay as uncluttered as possible.

Ken

Here is the other one I'm putting together. Similar to what Cory did.

Attachments

• 20130117_165602.jpg
    20130117_165602.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20130307_115625.jpg
    20130307_115625.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20130307_115826.jpg
    20130307_115826.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 50
Here is the other one I'm putting together. Similar to what Cory did.

Looks awesome Chris. Can one run a line into the rear of one rail across to the other rail at the front and out the back and into the regulator?

Does the feed line have to feed both rails equally or will just forming a circuit from one rail to the other flow the same amount and or pressure?

Ken

Yeah you can do it in series no problem. I think they suggest 2 feeds and returns for like 1000 hp.

How you just described is what I think would look the cleanest.

My new set up is an -8an feed line to a y block that splits into two -6an lines which run to the rear of each fuel rail. The drivers side front of the rail runs over to the passenger side front of the rail where I have a T fitting then both return lines are joined into 1 -6an line which runs to the fuel regulator at the rear of the passenger side shock tower.

I will look for the pictures. I had an idea to install the regulator under the passenger side cover on my car so I can keep the engine bay as uncluttered as possible.

Ken

Ken,

This post shows the rails and regulator when originally installed with the 1.7 AR.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=506134&postcount=1

I think the plumbing off the back of the rails and going to the regulator remains the same, but the plumbing supplying fuel to the front of the rails was revised when adding the 2.3 Whipple. Here are some pictures showing that, prior to adding the H fitting to balance pressure and flow between the two pumps.

David

Attachments

• IM003857.JPG
    IM003857.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IM003858.JPG
    IM003858.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IM003868.JPG
    IM003868.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IM003869.JPG
    IM003869.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IM003881.JPG
    IM003881.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 48
Mine feeds to a Y in the same place as Corey, dual -6 to the front of the rails, and rears to the regulator.

Back