More Info....

LostnumberVR

Ok guys...I wanna get a SC..buy heres the deal. I want the nose of a 93 with the back end of a 95. Someone said i could not have this cuz the trim would not match. So how can i do this?

The 94-95 style cars lost the black "rubber band" of trim that goes all the way around the car. One solution to your problem would be to fit your car with the painted 94-95 molding and paint the 93 bumper all body color (no black line). Of course, you could leave the molding off altogether if you wish. I'm sure you can come up with a suitable combination of molding and bumpers!

I had a similar problem since I used a 94-95 bumper on my 89. I finally just shortened and rounded the molding on the door. So the black line goes from door to door and around the back bumper. Looks like it came that way. There are some pics on my site linked below.

Trim

Go so anyone wanna tell me whats under that trip? And on the 93s nose it looks like a lump int he body its self or is that just trim too?

The trim on the early style body sides is glued on the car and has an aluminum strip behind it. The "trim" on the front and rear bumper covers is actually part of the cover and is not removeable.

241892_17_full.jpg
i want my front end to look like that....if tyhat helps at all

That looks like Lonnie Doll's 92 5.0! You'll need to modify a hood and get the 96-97 to mimic that one. It does look good!

The front of 89-93 bumper is not a problem. It's probably easiest to see in this pic of a white car with black trim:

dantes2.jpg

The molding strip is cast in the urethane front cover and goes all the way around the rear cover. Since your 94-95 back cover will not have the strip, it is no problem. The early style side molding could just be left off (or replaced with 94-95 style). On the front cover if you paint the whole thing in your body cover that black part will not be noticeable. You might be able to sand it down a bit and fill it so that it goes away entirely.

Here is a 95 with the stock side molding and the smooth 94-95 front cover.

fraleigh1.jpg

(All pictures from the SCCoA website member's area. You can go there and see more cars of all years!)

Back