Cooling fan problems

slick59

Did a search with no luck. Cooling fan low speed is on all the time. Troubleshot it and found it is the PCM telling it to be on. The IRCM is working properly. I cannot figure out why the PCM thinks it needs to run the cooling fan all the time. Anyone else seen this and have input.

Temp sensor, wiring issue, and confirm the IRCM is good for sure. I would swap it out and see if the issue stays first.

Did a search with no luck. Cooling fan low speed is on all the time. Troubleshot it and found it is the PCM telling it to be on. The IRCM is working properly. I cannot figure out why the PCM thinks it needs to run the cooling fan all the time. Anyone else seen this and have input.

I would start by changing the coolant temp sensor.

David

Pulled the wire from the IRCM pin 14 and the relay works, the fan shuts off. Either the PCM has a bad circuit or it thinks the fan should be running. David I checked the coolant sensor with a meter and It was within the resistance range per the tables from cold all the way up to operating temp. If I unplug it there is no change either

Pulled the wire from the IRCM pin 14 and the relay works, the fan shuts off. Either the PCM has a bad circuit or it thinks the fan should be running. David I checked the coolant sensor with a meter and It was within the resistance range per the tables from cold all the way up to operating temp. If I unplug it there is no change either

Is it possible the PCM thinks the AC/Defroster is on ?

David

Do you have a code reader? If so, put it in output state mode and see if the PCM can turn it on and off. If it can't, it's the PCM. Also it would likely through a code in the KOEO test. Check the eCT and fan wiring make sure it's not shorted to hot or ground.

if david neibert is correct,then that is not the low speed staying on its the high speed. Allthough with all the issues these cars have with running hot,not so sure having the fan running all the time is a bad thing LOL.Good luck though.

Back