Manual problem

1bad67cat

I think I know the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway. Clutch pedal goes to the floor with no pressure, master cylinder is full, and clutch does not disengage. Sound like the slave cylinder is out? :confused:

Did this happen all of a sudden? Is the push rod connected to the clutch pedal under the dash? If so, before you go replacing parts have you tried bleeding the system? It is not common for it to just suddenly go out completely like that, usually when a clutch master or slave cylinder goes bad it just starts leaking and then will stop working slowly as it runs out of fluid.

Mikey, no fluid loss, and it was bled and working fine after I had the new clutch put in. I'll check to make sure the rod is connected. It did kinda feel like a "pop" when I let the pedal up a few times while driving, and it felt softer, but didn't think anything of it.

Check the retainer clip on the clutch pedal. Plastic and they tend to break as the clutch pedal peg wears. Check that peg is still round and has a key way too it still. It no longer a key way, there are threads on what to replace it with.

If you felt a pop and then it suddenly had no clutch pedal, I think most likely the rod popped off. It should be a cheap and simple fix.

the clutch still worked after the pop. i just checked it, and the rod is still firmly attached. soon as i figure out how to get it home, i'll replace the mc.

Fork pop off? Can you tell if there is any pressure on the pressure plate? Should be able to coast and pop it into gear and then shift once it is rolling, but coming to a stop and getting going again can be a challenge. Doable, but not much fun.

it won't go into gear at all, unless it's not running. if it's running, it won't go into gear unless you force it, and I don't need to break it at this point. I think it has to be the mc, because if it was the slave. I wouldn't have felt the pop. I already have a new mc, so might as well use it. Does it just turn and pull out, after the lines are dc'd?

Just wondering if that Pop wasnt the fork coming off the pivot point. Have you removed the rubber boot and moved the fork around to see if it is still connected?

You are not that far away if you need a truck let me know. Might be able to work out something.

Thanks for the offer, but my car isn't that far away. I live in a trailer park across from the wal-mart it's stranded at. there's just no one around here that knows these cars. the only SCs I've seen are 2 XR-7s at the B-20 junkyard.

Back