ASP underdrive pulleys?? YES/NO???

Back n black bird

how many guys out there are running the ASP underdrive pulley set? (Coy Miller, Niebert, Demmitt???) If i was to get the set, what should i expect to gain or lose?

I lost about 1.5 seconds off stock with just ASP underdrives, 10% OD and a Flowmaster Cat Back exhaust. I'm not sure what part of that was just the UD's, but I would guess .3 to .5 seconds.

The only downside is if you have a nice stereo...you might have charging problems at idle, especially with the lights and/or wipers on.

YES, I've had them on my SC for over two years with no problems. Good for 10-15 HP and pretty easy to install. High quality parts that actually work.

David

Hey David,

How recent is your 13.33? Thats getting pretty low. Also, were you ever able to get your propane injection to actually work properly?

Bob

Bob,

The 13.3 was in mid October the same day Chris Wise ran a 12.1. Since then I have a new cam and upgraded heads and a MP FMIC waiting to be installed after retuning on the dyno later this week.

The propane made it run to rich and it lost power. I'll mess with it this spring and see if I can get it working.

The basic problem is that my engine was already tuned to run on 93 octane pump gas and 16 pounds of boost without pinging. Adding the propane won't help without reducing fuel and adding timing when it's being sprayed.

David

I've heard that you can run up to 17lbs. of boost without resorting to propane but that is the max. I get a solid 15lbs. at 5,000 rpms with no detonation. The car doesn't even see 5,000 rpms very often. I've been running a Racer Walsh 10% pulley for about a year with no problems or detonation.

I have a 70mm BBK TB that I'm getting ready to stick on. Do you know what size copper pipe that I will need to bypass the EGR from the old TB. The Mustang TB that I have on my Mustang has a spacer that I had to buy with it.

Bob

Bob,

Since installing the new cam, I've noticed mine will peg the gauge at 15 pounds (2.930 pulley w/OD jackshaft) then lower to around 14 pounds when rpms are past 5000. The belt isn't slipping it's just not keeping up with the engine.

After installing my smallest pulley (2.750) the gauge stays pegged and according to the fuel pressure gauge is making 17 pounds of boost. This is the max I can overdrive the blower and it comes out to around 28%.

The FMIC is supposed to have a much lower pressure drop than the dbl IC I have now (increases boost) but if it cools like it's supposed to the air charge will be more dense (lowers boost) making it a wash. So I'm thinking the propane will only be needed in the summer to help cool the intake charge.

I'm guessing the hose you mention on the TB is the water hose that was intended to preheat the TB to prevent frosting. I've never seen one before but by looking at the hose size I would guess a peice of 3/8" ID copper pipe would be close.

David

Back