04 Marauder torque converter

dave377

Has any one using a 04 Marauder torque converter
in in a SC I am wandering how good it worked. I am thinking about installing one in my 97 mustang with a SC engine in it.

I do not know about the Marauder TQ. All I know is that it is 11-1/4 IN and similar to the 1996 and up Lincoln Mark VIII and 1999 to 2003 Mustang GT coveters. Except it is fully furnace brazed and has the larger sprag. If I used it, I would at least get it refreshed.
:confused:

I am in need of a TC for my 90 AOD. Would this work for me. Might be a nice upgrade. Car will be kept stock except for exhaust, 5% OD and IC.

Last edited:
Cool thanks for the link. Have you ever put one of these in? My guess is yes so I was wondering how hard is it to do?. I have read a few threads and it seems like they are kind of a pain and a little tricky to get them to sit right. How long does something like this take?

The only way to instal one is to either remove the transmission or engine. From there is is simple. Maybe 5 minutes once you are that far.

Prime the converter before installation.

Yes I have been using their converters for years. No issues at all. I believe them to be one of the best converters for the money that are not made of billet. Once you go billet then that is a whole other pricing tier.

Thanks for the info! No need for a mack daddy TC for this car. Just want a solid runner with a little extra hp.

For an AOD try the B&M Torkmaster 2400. Works pretty good on a mild SC. My friend put one in his 35th and it would launch hard.

Back