Unusual Clicking Noise

check to make sure that your crank sensor is not hitting the tabs on the balancer that it is reading. Mine was doing that when I first got it running, but much lighter than that. If it is hitting there is some adjustment, but I would also look at the balancer real close as they r known to fail/break which could cause the misalignment

Adam

I like the last post. Make sure the vane that is mounted to the back of the balancer isn't rubbing the crankshaft position sensor. The other thing it could be is that your balancer is on the way out as the previous poster indicated.

It definitely sounds like something on the front of the engine. Beyond that I would start looking inside the engine. It is very rhymthic and increases as RPM increase. The rhythm is too quick to be a connecting rod in my opinion. They are typically a little slower and usually only make noise at about 2,000 RPM. A faulty rod bearing is usually quiet at idle on our engines.

My bet is the balancer or CPS is out of position.

Well, turned out to be the harmonic balancer outer ring coming loose & contacting the cover over the crankshaft position sensor cover and something else.

Back