What is this Port in the firewall for?

BirdofPrey97

On my 89 5 spd I am trying to run my AFR cable through the firewall and would like to not need to cut any holes.

This port is not being used. Anyone know what it was placed there for?

I can enlarge it just a bit and the cable/plug in will go through it just fine.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 145
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 126
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 127
That might be the evaporator case drain. Maybe I am wrong.

I believe there is one or more large rubber plugs in the firewall that you could use instead.

Anyone have pics of where they ran their wideband cable on the P-side? Mike how did you run your LC-1 and Aux box?

Last edited:
Anyone have pics of where they ran their wideband cable on the P-side? Mike how did you run your LC-1 and Aux box?

Drilled a hole in my floor right above and to the left of my downtube if your looking at the car from the front, to run the wideband through, then the lc1 box is mounted on the uppermost left part of the passenger foot compartment and then the carpet covers the hole and the sensor wire running to the box and then the cables coming off of it and my QH are in the glove box if that helps.

You can't even tell its there.

There is a wire harness boot at the top corner on the pass side. I punch a hole in it and thread whatever wiring cables I need through it.

In case anyone cares, I ran a Cat5 cable through it to monitor the fan. I have a small LED next to a small 3 position switch just below the headlight switch. Tells me that when I use the switch, the fan is actually running. :cool:

There is a wire harness boot at the top corner on the pass side. I punch a hole in it and thread whatever wiring cables I need through it.

In case anyone cares, I ran a Cat5 cable through it to monitor the fan. I have a small LED next to a small 3 position switch just below the headlight switch. Tells me that when I use the switch, the fan is actually running. :cool:

Got a pic by chance? If not, is it closer to the fender or as facing the engine from the front to the left of the relays? How far down below the window cowl approximately?

I ran the OX sensor cable to the shifter hole, under the console. I put the controller inside the car under the console and ran the gauge cable through the dash to the pillar pod. This way everything electronic stayed dry!:)

Got a pic by chance?
Here you go. I needed a length of coathanger to get it threaded past the A/C case on the inside. I wrapped the cable to the coathanger with sticky masking tape to get a good grip and a nice taper, fed it through and pulled from the inside.

Attachments

• harnessRH.jpg
    harnessRH.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Here you go. I needed a length of coathanger to get it threaded past the A/C case on the inside. I wrapped the cable to the coathanger with sticky masking tape to get a good grip and a nice taper, fed it through and pulled from the inside.

Thank you. I assumed that was the rubber piece you were speaking of, but the pic confirms it!

I ran mine throught he same grommet as the radio antenna. Put a small slit to open it up a bit more and it worked out perfect with no extra holes in the firewall. The actual LC-1 box is located behind the fender liner very close to the antenna mounting area, so it stays out of the weather as well.

Smitty

Back