Replacement fuel pressure reg to raise rail psi to 50-55 on 95 SC???

terralex

I'm looking for one for a 1995 SC. The stock
Is there an interchange for a stock fuel pressure regulator that will raise the fuel pressure around 10 psi ?
Any part numbers ?

I'm looking for one for a 1995 SC. The stock
Is there an interchange for a stock fuel pressure regulator that will raise the fuel pressure around 10 psi ?
Any part numbers ?

This is what you want. Although going up 10 pounds is quite a bit and keep in mind if your goal is to fatten up the fuel mixture then the adaptive functionality of the ECM will only shrink the pulse width of the injectors thus reversing your increase in fuel to the cylinder. If you want to run a fatter mixture you should get a tune.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/regulators/efi-regulators/13103-ford-rail-mount-regulator/

This is what you want. Although going up 10 pounds is quite a bit and keep in mind if your goal is to fatten up the fuel mixture then the adaptive functionality of the ECM will only shrink the pulse width of the injectors thus reversing your increase in fuel to the cylinder. If you want to run a fatter mixture you should get a tune.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/regulators/efi-regulators/13103-ford-rail-mount-regulator/

13103 is a 3 bolt regulator and will only work on the 89-93 SC...for 94-95 SC you need a two bolt regulator which I assume is 13102.

That said, I wouldn't install one of these Aeromotive units if it were free. I've had two of them on my 91 SC and both sprung some serious fuel leaks within a month of installing, and the 3 bolt version also requires some clearance grinding on the fuel rail to fit.

David

13103 is a 3 bolt regulator and will only work on the 89-93 SC...for 94-95 SC you need a two bolt regulator which I assume is 13102.

That said, I wouldn't install one of these Aeromotive units if it were free. I've had two of them on my 91 SC and both sprung some serious fuel leaks within a month of installing, and the 3 bolt version also requires some clearance grinding on the fuel rail to fit.

David

You are correct on the bolt pattern. I have had great luck with their fpr's. it's too bad you have had a bad experience.

Last edited:
I'm running E85. Right now I'm only running a 25% mix but I want to go higher with the E85.

I fully understand it's not going to make the mixture fatter or richer. I'm trying to make sure that if I go WOT there is still pulse width available without leaning out or driving the injectors above 85%

I know the right way to do that is with injectors and a tune and I'm already at the "needs a tune" level as my check engine light is intermittent from the bigger throttle body and MAF housing. I'm guessing it's the MAF as I bought it used and I don't know what injectors it's calibrated for. I've ordered a new supercharger coupler so in the next few weeks I'll be replacing that, fresh oil and installing a 5% OD pulley.

I have a Volvo turbo I'm running an E85 mixture in also and I was easily able to find a stock replacement with a higher pressure without going to an expensive adjustable (relative).

Just fishing to see if there is a non adjustable 2 bolt mount regulator that's available at Oreilly, autozone ... for around 40-50 bucks that fits ??

Just fishing to see if there is a non adjustable 2 bolt mount regulator that's available at Oreilly, autozone ... for around 40-50 bucks that fits ??

I doubt it. Ford used a vacuum-regulated 39psi regulator in seemingly everything for almost 20 years. Although now they use a pressure sensor and a pulse-width managed fuel pump.

Bigger injectors and a calibrated MAF would sort of work, but the load calculations would be getting pretty messed up by the time you stepped up a few injector sizes.

Besides which, the car won't be targeting the proper A/F ratio (in open loop running) once you add that much ethanol.

Definitely time to become a tuner if you want to stick with E85.

Last edited:
You are correct on the bolt pattern. I have had great luck with their fpr's. it's bad you have had a bad experience.

Their remote mounted universal regulators are great and I've got them on both my SCs. It's just the direct replacement one that I had problems with. I'm sure they have corrected whatever the problem was, but after having two of them spray fuel all over the motor, I didn't trust them.

I never had, or even heard of a problem with the Kirban billet units.

David

if these regulators were that prone to leaking then they would have a huge class action lawsuit on their hands. There would be a ton of mustang guys out there having engine fires. That wouldn't be good for business. I believe you had an issue, but to be honest with two different regulators doing the same thing there had to be something else. An o-ring that didn't seat properly or something. I have used plenty of their oem replacement fpr's over the years with no trouble and a bunch of mustang guys as well. I know Kirban makes good stuff too but there is certainly no reason to assume all aeromotive oem replacement fpr's are junk.

I feel aeromotive products are good when improving oem components but if you are going to run custom rails, and fuel lines them Weldon products are the only clear choice IMO.

Most people do not understand that a fuel system needs to be much larger than the math would indicate. Think about how you feel in the drivers seat when you accelerate. Your fuel is doing the same thing. The fuel is being pushed back toward the back of the car. You need capacity for the engine and then some and then you need some on top of that to compensate for the forces working against your fuel. Your pump is also working against the forces of acceleration.

Again if it were me and I needed to run anything larger than an aeromotive stealth then you need to walk away from the aeromotive products and go to Weldon. IMO. If you need to run fuel lines that are larger than stock then you really should replace the rails and ditch the hat and go to a fuel cell. Again many on here will disagree and again this is just my opinion. I feel the aeromotive pumps are garbage for anything above 500HP. Again my opinion.

Last edited:
Back