can I put synthetic oil in a new motor?

bigcletus94

New-rebuilt from ford. Has about 5k miles on it now, and I was curious if I can/should put synthetic oil in it? Everyone says that synthetic is much better blah blah.. Is it worth it? Thanks.

Here is my $.02 worth. I use Mobil 1 0 W 30 (grey top) in everything including my blowers and my Harly (91 FLSTC). The only other recomendation is to wait untill U get 10 to 15K on Ur engine. U have a factory rebuilt engine with close tolerences. The engine needs to ware in to get things loosened up and the rings well seated. Once the Mobil 1 is in the ware will become less and U will see an increase in gas milage as well as a drop in track times.
Yes I said I use Mobil 1 0 W 30 in my 2 blowers.

Here is my $.02 worth. I use Mobil 1 0 W 30 (grey top) in everything including my blowers and my Harly (91 FLSTC). The only other recomendation is to wait untill U get 10 to 15K on Ur engine. U have a factory rebuilt engine with close tolerences. The engine needs to ware in to get things loosened up and the rings well seated. Once the Mobil 1 is in the ware will become less and U will see an increase in gas milage as well as a drop in track times.
Yes I said I use Mobil 1 0 W 30 in my 2 blowers.

Back