green to red

light change

finally got around to switching interior lighting to red led's had to pull everything , pull needles and scrape green off the backing. got a little crazy around the 140mph area but turned out well overall speedo,defrost, turn signals , back seat opera lights doors , courtesy and dome light a nice bright red.... hvac controls wondow and lock controls and clock still left to do. 20 red led's for 7.50 not bad.

if one chooses to do blue led's no scraping involved blue is able to pass thru green okay.. but with red had to go all the way.

Attachments

• bkgrn.JPG
    bkgrn.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 58
  • clear.JPG
    clear.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 52
  • red.JPG
    red.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 60
  • SD.JPG
    SD.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 57
fork

just used a fork all came off easy except speedo was to scared to force it.. so just moved template around to scrape. which is how i sort of goofed up the 140mph. rpm must go back right fuel must go back correct . boost water and oil didnt matter

I did this on my lx a while ago, but I just painted some acrylic red over where the green was. Wasn't perfect, but I liked it. good luck with the AC part- I never got that far.

blue

my son just replaced all speedo bulbs with super brite led's and no scraping and looked pretty good . not wanting to copy him i chose the hard way and went red.. did the park selector last night that was rough but completed..my son tackled the hvac controls , window switches and clock so ill let him do those for me..

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 54
Back