Low boost and low power after FMIC and late model swap

90tbirdsc

After recently installing a ported late model and mp inlet and fabbing up my own fmic setup, my boost is very low and keeps dropping. I think the largest problem is that I used this blue loctite gasket maker stuff and ive now learned that copper rtv is the way to go, but I also used the Loctite stuff on the plentum so will I have to pull the sc and re seal the inlet as well? ive dropped about 3in hg at idle from what I was before but that could be the factory gauge? Also what are some good ways of checking for boost leaks? I know my welds are good because they held a 50psi pressure test but there is some silicone couplers in the system as well.

Carefully inspect your sealing surfaces on all the parts, clean them very well, I normally use acetone. And when in doubt its hard to go wrong with regular black rtv. Id take the blower off, all the plenums, the hat, etc. And redo them. I like to finish up at night to give them a good 10-12 hrs to cure.

Carefully inspect your sealing surfaces on all the parts, clean them very well, I normally use acetone. And when in doubt its hard to go wrong with regular black rtv. Id take the blower off, all the plenums, the hat, etc. And redo them. I like to finish up at night to give them a good 10-12 hrs to cure.

Black rtv has a high enough temp resistance for the hat and other items on the hot side?

?

Permatex, "the right stuff" and don't look back.. Seals like no other. A little harder to clean off than reg rtv but that means its bonded better.

I've sealed everything and no change, could the supercharger be over-ported? I'm going to try and see if I can find a hole in the intercooler?

Back