Windage tray install

JeepsterSC

I just acquired a windage tray from Ryan @ http://www.thunderbirdscshop.com/ and will be installing it soon on my mostly stock 93 sc. I've been looking through a 95 manual and have not been able to find any mention of the windage tray, so I guess i'm gonna have to wing it.

My plan is to try to disturb as little as possible. I'm going to loosen the main cap bolts in pairs (without removing the cap), one cap at a time, replacing the bolts I need and then torquing the 2 cap bolt s before moving on to the next cap.

I am interested in any tips or other input, I also need to know the torque spec for the nuts that secure the tray to the caps

Looks like I'm also going to need the '94 oil pickup tube as the 93 pickup tube will not work with the windage tray. I was able to see that in the manual that I'm going to have to re torque the intake manifold bolts

I will need to loosen the rear main cap in order to put in one of the studs for the tray. Will it be necessary to change the rear main seal?

Looks like I'm also going to need the '94 oil pickup tube as the 93 pickup tube will not work with the windage tray. I was able to see that in the manual that I'm going to have to re torque the intake manifold bolts

I added a factory windage tray when I did the rebuild on my 89. It's been years so I'm just going by memory. If memory serves, everything is a straight bolt on if you use the windage tray, 94-95 oil pick up, and you will need an extra main bolt/stud/nut (and 94-95 dipstick/tube if you really want to do the complete job). I had at my disposal a full 94-95 block so I took the extra bolt/stud/nut from there.

I'm pretty sure I checked and took pictures of the stock 89-93 oil pick up. It will work, you just have to tweak the mounting tabs a little bit to clear the windage tray. 89-93 oil dipstick tube will work fine with the windage tray, but i like the way the 94-95 seals better.

Back