Body filler

90whtbrd

I have some scratches on the front bumper area that are very small, but deep enough to require filler. Is there a good plastic filler that has been used with good results. Hopefully in a small container as well, like I said the scratches are very small. Thanks for any input.

I have some scratches on the front bumper area that are very small, but deep enough to require filler. Is there a good plastic filler that has been used with good results. Hopefully in a small container as well, like I said the scratches are very small. Thanks for any input.

i was told to use spot putty.. i picked some up to try.;)

Oreilly has something called Plastic Metal that I was kinda leaning toward. This is the first car I have ever owned that has plastic parts on the outside (LOL) so I wanted to check before I used the wrong product. Thanks for the input.

Believe it or not but a high fill primer will take care of some pretty deep scratches. No filler will be needed. It filled 80% of the scratches I had. Only used filler on the deep gouges. The filler I used was frm Napa but not sure of the name now. Icing was part of the name and it sands really well. Buddy of mine owns a body shop and that's what they use.

Last edited:
Back in the day ( more days than I will admit to ) we used to use a thick red oxide primer that came in a tube for small scratches and filler pin holes. Is what you are talking about like that for plastic applications. I will have to do some more homework. Thanks.

Are you repairing deep scratches in your bumper or some other plastic? If so then I would recommend a good flexible filler from a body shop supply company.

If you are looking to repair deep scratches in paint then I would stick with a good spotting and glazing putty.

All can be had at a good body shop supply company. I prefer 3M products.

Last edited:
I would sand and use a high fill primer. i think that putty would have bonding issues unless a properly prepped base is provided, then spot or glazing putty should only be used in very thin applications. If thats not a big issue go to wall-mart and pick up a bottle of scratch and chip repair paint. Its factory color matched.

Back