ecu question

bumpskier45

I just purchased a custom tune from bill at supercoupe performance that Dave Dalke will be making,here is my question. Do they send you the whole box,because I opened mine and there doesn't seem to be anyplace to insert a chip if you will,do you remove the whole circuit board or something im confused.

I just purchased a custom tune from bill at supercoupe performance that Dave Dalke will be making,here is my question. Do they send you the whole box,because I opened mine and there doesn't seem to be anyplace to insert a chip if you will,do you remove the whole circuit board or something im confused.

I'd ask them - but USUALLY, it plugs onto the J5 connector.

It's more than a chip, it's a circuit board - but the main function is to provide power and connection to the chip, so eh.

There's actually a discussion of that over on TCCoA this past couple of weeks.

RwP

On the opposite end of the ECU from the harness you'll see a little cover the comes off, this will be discarded. This is where the QH will plug in, you'll need to clean off the protective coating on the end of the circuit board you'll see when you remove the cover, it has several gold color contact points. This is to ensure a good connection with the chip when you plug it in. The thread below shows an install but it's not a supercoupe, also I didn't have to "bend" anything out of the way but it at least shows you where it goes.

http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67858#p67858

Last edited:
Back