FS: Ported, Rebuilt, and Powdercoated Eaton M90 Blower

rocket5979

SOLD!!!.....For a heck of a lot higher than $200 I might add! ;)

I joined this board about a year and had acquired this supercharger from sics6 the next week, who had pulled it from his 92 Thunderbird SC not long before that. I had plans to rebuild it, port it, and do a full refinish to like-new condition so that I could stick it onto my 2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 winter vehicle. However, I recently upgraded from the 02 X to a 2005 Audi S4 AWD for my new winter vehicle, so I no longer have a purpose for the blower anymore; but I do need mod money for the Audi now. :p

I did all rebuild and port work to the blower myself, except powdercoat; which I sent to a local pro shop. During every step I paid extreme attention to detail to ensure that everything was perfect with this blower, in terms of reliability and function. I used to rebuild and port Eaton M112 blowers for my friends Lightnings, so I know my way around an Eaton blower. I rebuilt it with the spinning wheels "Eaton Refresher" rebuild kit (all new snout bearings, coupler, rear bearings, snout/rotor pack sealant, new GM SC oil), which is the most popular rebuilt kit offered for these blowers from what I can tell. The blower has 0 miles on it after the rebuild and is in absolute PRISTINE CONDITION! If I could afford to not sell it, I could literally sit around and look at it all day because it is just that sexy!

I am asking $500 + shipping OBO for it. If you are in the local Chicagoland area I would be happy to meet up in person, or I can ship it to the lower 48. I will accept Paypal, Check , Money Order; but if paying via Paypal the buyer pays the 3% transaction fee that Paypal charges.

I believe that this is a fair price for an M90 supercharger in this condition, but if my price is somehow way off, please, respectfully let me know, and I can modify accordingly. I tried to find comparable sales on here to price mine fairly, but all I seen were stock pull offs, or others not nearly in as good a condition as this one.I understand that I am an extremely junior member, with zero post-count, but I am honest and do business accordingly. PM or reply here with any questions or offers. Thank you.

Robert

P.S. If any of you ever meet up around the local Gurnee, Fox Lake, Grayslake area; or go to GLD Union Grove to race, shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a little fun.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks good but its an early model blower and they are not worth much. For a good rebuild it would need the bearings and seals in the rotor bearing plate replaced as well. IMO you have a blower worth about $200. Good luck with the sale.

Looks good but its an early model blower and they are not worth much. For a good rebuild it would need the bearings and seals in the rotor bearing plate replaced as well. IMO you have a blower worth about $200. Good luck with the sale.

Just seen the screen name. I was with NMCB1 and NMCB133 from the late 90's onward as a BU1 before transitioning to civ life. Small world.

Really, only $200? That seems quite low, even taking into consideration that it is an earlier generation M90. Perhaps it isn't worth $500, but considering that the rebuild kit itself costs $89 the math doesn't seem to add up between base cost, rebuild, port-work, etc. It is also quite common for folks to not rebuild the rotor plate while rebuilding everything else, considering that most do not have the equipment to properly re-time the rotors while reassembling to achieve proper clearance between them. Thanks for the feedback though.

It's a nice looking M90. The previous poster is accurate. The early model blowers don't have much demand. For someone looking for a solid replacement blower this looks fantastic. For the performance minded, not so fantastic. You'll move it but 500 would be a stretch. Try posting it up on tccoa as well.

It actually looks incredible....VERY nic job!! I'd say ebay would be the place for that if you want more than a couple of hundred for it. If it were black, or red and selling for 175 I'd be interested

Last edited:
Give the guy a break! lol. I just sold 3 M90's, same vintage as that for $200/ea. Not rebuilt, not ported, and not freshly powdercoated. Granted, the bright blue color is a little off for an SC. It's worth every bit of $500 but I guess you'll have to start taking offers and see where that goes. For $200 or less I think I'd just put it on a shelf.

I'd put it on Ebay and see where that goes.

Rocket 5979 bro put it on ebay if no one wants it here. All that work u put into it, $200 ? screw that!! Man that's nice work u done brother. You done all u can do by posting it here, if people don't want it they don't have to buy it. It looking really good my man and would definitely make someone an proud owner.

Granted, the bright blue color is a little off for an SC.

:D It's Ford Blue. lol. The lighting of the picture makes the blower appear a bit lighter in color than it really is. It's not at "baby blue" as the picture may suggest.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. For $200, I will hold onto it until some time in the future when I may again have need of an M90 supercharger for a car project.

Hey Tony, it's great to see you in here again! I hope the car is running well!

GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm glad for you...it was definitely nice looking for sure. Did you sell it here, or go the ebay route?

I ended up going the Ebay route.

With that said, if any of you SC guys ever meet up in my neck of the woods, shoot me a PM so that I may come out and meet some more of you and swap car stories.

Back