A/C Delete

gaetz1985

Okay guys, I'm swapping a modified S/C engine imto my 2000 Mustang and wondered what consisted of the a/c delete you guys do? I guess I cant just trash the a/c bracket because of it having the jackshaft pulley on it.. Could someone show me pics? I also feel like if I just drop the compressor itll be impossible to route the belt to run the water pump the correct direction.. Maybe I'm overthinking it.. Any pics or insight would be greatly appreciated.

attachment.php

Parts required:

NA V6 Mustang 1994-2004 Four Seasons #45873 (RockAuto.com)
NAPA 25-08560 8 rib belt
Dayco 89053 8 rib pulley

Instructions and some other info can be found in this thread.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106141&highlight=delete

David

Sorry I dont mean to bug but can I see routing of a sc engine with no power steering or a/c? Contemplating rouye and steps.. I'm dumb w this..

Its the same as now but without power steering... Goes from crank right to alt

Which directly interferes with the lower radiator hose, so some provision would need to be made for routing the hose around the belt.

attachment.php

David

Attachments

• belt routing AC and PS delete.JPG
    belt routing AC and PS delete.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 321
It is possible to bypass the power steering pump and use the factory lower radiator hose. I did this at the Shootout a few years ago. The trick is that you have to loosen the lower radiator hose at the water pump and actually reduce the amount of hose that is on the water pump, as well as make the connection a bit crocked (if you try it, you will see what needs to be done). The belt is very close the the hose, but it does clear. With that said, I'm not sure I'd trust it in a daily driver type scenario.

Another option would be to use one of the universal lower radiator hoses and tie the hose out of the way of the belt.

Yes I've seen Roadhawgs build and lot of what he's posted.. I have found a few mustangs that have been SC swapped but none newer than the 98 body style.. Mines a 2000 and ive used the 2000's water pump and timing cover for use of the crank position from the stang.. still wondering about all the clearance stuff because I havnt had the acc brackets on at all yet and I already had to grind down the tab on the bottom of the timing cover that rides close to the harmonic balancer.. I guess the old balancers are a bit bigger than the new stuff.. Idk.. If I undercoat the car and engine bay I'll be ready to assemble and put the engine in.. Cant wait! I just recently decided id like to delete the a/c and power sterring.. Seems easy enough.. I'm going the diesel no a/c bracket option for my a/c delete then just dumping the power steering.. Then ill cut up the brackets like I need to look good without these accessories and ill be good to go..

Back