M90 snout seal.

archerman0531

Ok, so when I replaced my coupler in the SC I lined everything up, started all the bolts in in the nose and tightened then all down in a pattern. They all go to about half way in and I realized that it wasn't going on any farther. I took them all out, realigned everything and took a rubber mallet and hammered it it down onto the coupler. Everything went together great!(so I thought). When I tried to tighten everything up the first time I actually pushed the nose seal and retain snap wire/ring out of its groove and the seal pushed out about an inch. I took the pulley off and reset the seal thinking it would be ok(knowing it wouldn't last).
So, it's seaping pretty good now. My question is, where do you buy the seal from? Oreillys, autozone, advanced auto, napa, and pep boys do not carry it And The Ford dealership doesn't have it and can't get it.
Thanks!

It's a standard size seal. There are lots of places to get it, actually. Easiest is probably SpinningWheels-SC's online store. Also check eBay. ZZPerformance. Local bearing distributor. Lots of places.

Ok, thanks, just wasn't sure if there was one specifically made for it or not.

This is the seal you want. Just google the part number to find a place to buy it. Most of the bearing and seal supply places keep them in stock. Or you could just give Magnum Powers and call, and get a better retaining ring at the same time.

attachment.php

David

A regular snap ring is fine. The ring in question is kind of large, so it may or may not be on the shelf.

Back