need help fast

ZOOMBUGGY3

i was doing my vavle cover gaskets today and on my left vavle cover i broke on of the bolts stupid me its sticking out a little and i tried to get it out with vise grips but cant get it to move anybody have any ideas on how to get this out. thanx

ZOOMBUGGY3 said:
i was doing my vavle cover gaskets today and on my left vavle cover i broke on of the bolts stupid me its sticking out a little and i tried to get it out with vise grips but cant get it to move anybody have any ideas on how to get this out. thanx

Iv'e done that too. :eek: I just took a nut (just a little bit bigger than the bolt) and put it over the broken bolt and welded the nut to the broken bolt. (Wire Welder Required). Then after it cools, put a socket on it a turn it right out!

Hope this helps!:eek:

thats a good i dea never thoght about that but the end of the bolt that is sticking out is damaged by the visegrips and pluse i dont have a welder at home

Soak with penetrating oil, carefully slot the head with a hacksaw or dremel deep enough for a screwdriver blade. Unscrew, carefully!

Back