The teardown & Devastation

1MTNCAT

Some may know and some may not but on the third pass at SB last August the 1MTNCAT went down.

I finally pulled the engine out of it a couple weeks ago to check the devastation. Siska and I had done a bore scope check on it late in the fall and knew it was badly damaged.

Here are some pics of the last pass at Mason Dixon and the subsequent damage from the autopsy. Cylinders 1 & 2and the pistons destroyed. Also the chamber side of the head on #2. Major metal in the pan from piston coming apart and pieces of rings.

Needless to say the stocker did its best and owes me nothing. I honestly did shed tears when I put it in the scrap yard last week. When I get the funds I need to get a built motor in the car.

11.75 on the spray and 12.94 on the motor were the best it gave me. A lean condition at the MIR race last spring when the fuel pump shutoff on me twice was the end to an otherwise long life for that engine. I finished it off at SB.

May it rest in peace!!!! :(

Attachments

• Mtncat Motor pass SB11.jpg
    Mtncat Motor pass SB11.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Pic 1 Cylinder 1.jpg
    Pic 1 Cylinder 1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Pic 4 Cylinder  2 Damage.jpg
    Pic 4 Cylinder 2 Damage.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Piston 1 & 2 Top.jpg
    Piston 1 & 2 Top.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Pistons 1 & 2 Side.jpg
    Pistons 1 & 2 Side.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Yes. When I build one it will have a minimum forged rods and pistons.

Not sure when that may be. I may have to put another stocker back in it to get going again for the time being.

Last edited:
Back