Rubber boot for alternator power wire ?

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Does anyone know if the rubber boot that covers the main power wire connection, on the back of the alternator is still available from Ford ?

David

Does anyone know if the rubber boot that covers the main power wire connection, on the back of the alternator is still available from Ford ?

David
You too? I sorta gave up and used the best electrical tape I could locate. It get hot, so even that isn't ideal.

You too? I sorta gave up and used the best electrical tape I could locate. It get hot, so even that isn't ideal.

Yes..I drove around to a bunch of auto parts stores looking for one yesterday, and nobody had anything even close to the stock boot. Then one of my coworkers sent me a Google search link and I found there are numerous places supplying alternator boots. The Dorman one looked like I could make it work with a little trimming, so I just ordered it because I already had an amazon account. Here is a picture of what I'm using the boot on. (6g alternator)

attachment.php

David

Last edited:
I use one of these from Wicks aircraft. Just because they are readily available at work. They come in several sizes and they are soft enough to stretch over the ring terminal, but still a very sturdy piece.

Attachments

• MS25171-3S,_ElectricalTerminalNipple.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 319
Back