Fuel Pump School

gaetz1985

Hey guys whats up.. So I need a little clarity on all of this.. I'm taking my 2000 mustang w a returnless style fuel system on it and making it a return style to work with my 93 SC engine.. I figure I'm going to run a line from rail to a fitting on the tank that I'll install myself as a return and use the usual feed line.. I kinda want to know how I'll know the difference between a pump that can run all the time and a pump that runs intermittenly like a pump in a returnless system.. I plan on a 90mm maf and 60lb injectors eventually so what pump am I going to want to run? A 255lph I've read may not meet my needs.. Also whats the best way to put power to my pump through a switch? Since my factory mustang computer will be trying to rely on a fuel pressure sensor to turn the pump on and off this is how I want it.. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Cameron

Any pump you want to use/fit will work. You can program the stock computer to run the pump 100% all the time. No need for a seperate switch unless you want to turn the pump off while you are loading a tune. But its only real annoying when its a big loud external pump.

Supposedly there is a way to have a return system and have the pump prime for a few seconds then shut off, but I haven't figured that out on a marauder I am working on.

Any pump you want to use/fit will work. You can program the stock computer to run the pump 100% all the time. No need for a seperate switch unless you want to turn the pump off while you are loading a tune. But its only real annoying when its a big loud external pump.

Supposedly there is a way to have a return system and have the pump prime for a few seconds then shut off, but I haven't figured that out on a marauder I am working on.

A timed relay would work.

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/846/category/36

No his 95 was already a return system.. 94-98 v6 stangs are single port w a return, 99+ are split port w returnless.. Thats probably why you wont find a mustang newer than 99 with this swap done in exsistence.. There was one a few years ago for the v6kr project but its now an LSX powered car..

So the 255 will keep up w 10% pulley, everything ported, 90mm maf, 75mm tb, 60lb injectors?

Last edited:
Yeah the 255 should keep up. I ran one for years with MP3 blower at 25% OD. And a dry shot of nitrous sometimes. Best ET without N2O was 11.99 and with the shot was 11.63. In a 3900lb car.

Wow.. Thats rollin out in that size of car.. I plan a 100 shot of wet nitrous soon as well.. I just want to make sure I have some fudging room.. We all know no mayter how fast it is it wont be fast enough... EVER...

I went with a stealth 340. The install wasn't bad and the wiring went well with the help of some of the folks here on the site. :)

Not sure what the mustang hat looks like but here is the 405 in a t bird hat. The 405 just has a bigger inlet end. I know the cobra guys use them so it shouldn't be hard to fit it. And you could probably get a hat that the cobra guys use that have return provisions in them. They are expensive tho.

FuelPump.jpg

Last edited:
So youre using two pumps? I was thinking I was just ditching the factory pump and wiring/zip tying this one in..

Back