AOD Question

superdadsc

I have a Lentech VB on my AOD. I spoke with the previous owner and he told me he rebuilt the tranny but did not replace the TC.

If I shift manually I can pull through all the gears, first second and third. Car shifts like a champ and will bark second gear. If left to shift by itself under half throttle or more the tranny will slip around 2500 in third then shift itself quickly into overdrive.

Could this be a TC problem. It has 144k on it.

Stephen

No. It won't be the converter. Unless your transmission has a non locking converter the aod is always locked up in third and fourth gear. That said whether you manual shift or not the converter is locking even under full or part throttle. It sounds like your line pressure is low under part throttle or you have a clutch pack on the way out and under full throttle with full line pressure it isn't noticeable.

Some lentech vb's use fixed line pressure and are non adjustable. If yours is adjustable then you want to get an oil pressure gauge and connect it to the middle port on the side of your transmission and then set your tv pressure that it is about 35 psi. If it is already 35 psi then I would say you have a clutch pack on the way out. If it isn't at 35 psi then adjust the cable accordingly and hope the low line pressure didn't damage the clutch pack.

IMO

Robert (not Dan. LOL)

Last edited:
ROBERT Thanks! Sorry about the name not sure where that came from.Think I am getting a little old. I will check that out. Thanks again.

Back