Design Deja Vu

S_Mazza

I came across this cool hot rod product on the web.

ehp_15.jpg

http://www.abspowerbrake.com/instruct/10-56-9 Electric High Power Master (307KB).pdf

http://www.abspowerbrake.com/ehpm.html

Does it look familiar to anyone?

I would like to point that it won a "Best New Product" award in 2005, according to the web page. ;)

On a serious note, I wonder where they are getting these parts? The system apparently costs about $1,100, from what I could find out without actually calling them. Could they be using reman Teves stuff? Or are there universal pumps out there? This info could come in handy sometime!

Apparently, Stacy David installed one of these on his show Trucks! at some point. I must have missed that episode!

Last edited:
hydraulic fluid systems to provide brake assist are not new. Note, the company may be called ABS power brakes, but that kit is not for ABS. Just power brakes.

hydraulic fluid systems to provide brake assist are not new. Note, the company may be called ABS power brakes, but that kit is not for ABS. Just power brakes.

I just find it very interesting that the system is so similar to the one on my car. The pump motor is a dead ringer for the Teves pump. And the accumulator appears to be the same as well. So the questions left are,
- What pump are they using?
- What pressure switch are they using and does it have all the same pressure functions as the stock switch?
- Is the MC adaptable to the Teves Mark II system? From what I hear, the MC is the trickiest part of the Teves Mark II. I still don't know if anyone really rebuilds them, or just scours cores for good ones. This includes Cardone and Prior - I have heard conflicting information over the years.

The teves valve body on the mark II is self contained abs and assist. The complexity of the valve body is to support the abs, not the assist. Assist itself is trivial and has been used in heavy equipment via pressure accumulators as backup for years.

The accumulator ball doesnt exactly mean it was taken from a Teves II system .. they have used it on different vehicles, for example, I had the pleasure of replacing one on a Land rover / Range Rover not long ago. They are now using accumulator balls on Prius brake systems .. electronically actuated brakes, when you press the pedal it activates solenoids.

- Dan

Back