PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help bad!!!

gear head
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Ok first things first i have 94 sc 5 speed, i have had it for over a year and done tons to it.
To name the important things, head gaskets, timing cover, clutch, tps, iac, baro, 5%
Supercharger o.d., pcv, and it came with a bhj balancer. My first and most concerning
Problem is a almost complete lack of power/torque that these cars are known for. If i am in a
Gear anything past 3k (RPM) my check gauges light comes on. Now keep in mind i have
No check engine light, and yes i checked the light bulb to make sure it works. I had tryed swapping out the maf to see if that had somthing to do with it and magically all was good
For TWO MINUTES!!!!!:mad: the only sensors i have not gotten to yet is the crank and cam
sensors, also ocassionaly at randow when i come to a stop the car will die out spitting and
sputtering trying to stay running. :confused: as if that were not bad enough also at random
my turn signal when used offten will slow down gradually till it almost dose not blink at all.
I know it is impossible to give an exact diag without ever having seen the car, i was more
or less hopeing someone had knoledge of these kinda issues with our mn12's. Sorry so long
i just wanted to give as much detail as humanly possible, any help or thoughts would be a HUGE HELP thank you in advance.

MadMikeyL
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Did the problem start immediately after doing the head gaskets, or did it appear some time later? Did it come on all at once or did it get worse and worse? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Were the spark plugs replaced, and if so, with what plugs? This info might help us to come up with a diagnosis.

gear head
04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Problems popped up one by one, i have checked for vaccum leaks and everything is sealed nice and tight. I did a tune up as recently as two mounths ago, and i am useing motorcraft fine wire plugs. The lack of power problem started after i missed a shift one time, i did a compression test both wet and dry and all is good there. Sorry, i have put alot of work into the car ........ hard to remember it all.:o

superdadsc
04-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Sorry for your problems. If money is not tight I would replace the cam and crank sensor. That will take care of those as being a possible issue.

Hore help is on the way!

gear head
04-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Problems popped up one by one, i have checked for vaccum leaks and everything is sealed nice and tight. I did a tune up as recently as two mounths ago, and i am useing motorcraft fine wire plugs. The lack of power problem started after i missed a shift one time, i did a compression test both wet and dry and all is good there. Sorry, i have put alot of work into the car ........ hard to remember it all.:o

In addition to the list of sensore / mods i have listed , i also replaced the DPFE sensor, the EGR presure sensor, ait sensor. I also put a cold air intake with a k&n on it.

slick59
04-27-2013, 08:44 AM
The check gauges light only shows an indication issue, what are your gauges doing? Are all of them normal? That thing is unreliable at best IMO. Double check your base timing.

gear head
04-27-2013, 09:45 AM
All gauges read normal for operating temp, dose not matter if it is a cold start or at operating temp. The idle will sit high (1800 rpm) a little longer than it used to. But comes down to normal idle depending on outside temp within no more than 15-20 seconds max. I just figured that was a sensor not reading properly.