eliminating A/C

Brandon

I want to eliminate the A/C on my '91 SC. Does anyone make a pulley that goes in place of the A/C? Thanks

What is ours....8-rib? Could the 8 rib pulley be rigged up to the N/A bracket?

I have seen someone grind off the outer lip of the 6 rib pulley and use it that way. It seemed to work fine.

another thought

this is what I am going to do when I get my car rebuilt.

I am going to put my powersteering pump where the ac used to be. Alls you need is to rerun the power steering lines and then have a 90 bracket make at a steel company or alumunum if you can get it stable enough. Drill 4 holes where the ac used to bolt up and same for the pump.

Hey it will be alot easier to access and taking off the ic will be so much easier.

Cheers

Crazy XR7

Robert Kohlman said:
There was an A/C delete option on the SC so you might be able to find a kit somewhere.

I don't believe that is accurate info ... more of an "urban legend", but somebody please correct me if they have seen a SC that was built from the factory without A/C. Even up here in the Great White North, I've never seen one. For MN-12 cars, the only belt listings without A/C are for a 1989 model year with the NA 3.8, by 1990 even a base model T-Bird had air as factory equipment.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

A/C delete

I did it (for a little while)
There is a 6 rib pulley from a mustang that will kinda bolt up.
You have to ream out the holes(until they are paper thin) and then grind off the outer lip.
The pulley is $40 from ford I have the Number if you want it, but I would not recommend it.
The pulley is plastic and to flimsey. I tried a 6 rib belt, but it walked everywere and shredded.

It is nice to have the space under the hood when the pump is removed, but this pulley and bracket will not work well.

The other option is to just gut your pump to lighten up(if that is what you our wanting.

Gary
www.supercoupekuhn.com

Back