SC-powered 56 T-Bird

Can't get into the color. Other than that I love the whole thing. Bet it's a blast to drive (not that they drive it or anything, lol).

haha well, its definitely a step up from the Y-block they came with. I'll ask my dad is he wants to take his 56 and my 94 and make one super bird out of it. Considering the 56 weighs only around 3100, it must be incredibly quick.

Like Dave I hate the color and not fond of the wheels & tires. But holy cow look at the room behind the intake plenum. One could bolt a honking big blower on that motor

Ken

Have to concur, color wrong, and it is everywhere! Other than that and the continental kit, it would be fun to drive. Although, it looks built for show rather than driving.

Good choice on engine though!

John L.

Pretty epic.

Not my first color choice but not the worst.

Love the 1956 Thunderbird, love the engine choice :D

Pretty epic.

Not my first color choice but not the worst.

Just in case people don't know, that appears to be Willow Green, a factory color for that car. Ford had a lot of pastel offerings in the 50s...mine is in a factory color called Starmist Blue...

014_zpsc8e15e43-1.jpg

...and if I HAD to paint it a different color, Willow Green would be my first choice.

It looks like a 50ish color. Did not confirm but my 55 was olive green when I picked her up. That T-Bird looks a few shades lighter.

I love the engine access. The FPR is easy to get at.... It would be safe to assume that you can end up with less cuts and bruises working on that puppy. Heck, I bet Tim G can change the heads in that beast in a 1/2 hour? :confused: :D

It looks like a 50ish color. Did not confirm but my 55 was olive green when I picked her up. That T-Bird looks a few shades lighter.

I love the engine access. The FPR is easy to get at.... It would be safe to assume that you can end up with less cuts and bruises working on that puppy. Heck, I bet Tim G can change the heads in that beast in a 1/2 hour? :confused: :D

You leave out enough bolts it's easy to do anything to these cars :p:D.

-Tim

I like the color, I just don't like the engine being painted that color. If they just left the engine normal looking with all the grey and satin black finishes it would be much better IMO.

The color is okay, but I think it would have looked much better in a bright hot-rod red color...Exterior, Interior, and engine.

Otherwise I think its absolutely brilliant. :D

Absolutely gorgeous!
Yes I agree the color not my 1st choice but it does look good and the total use of the color... looks awesome!!

I could see that in a different color being just... WOW!!

Back