17" Front Skinnies

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
So the question here is what are those of you runing cobra brakes on the front doing for front skinny wheels for the track?

Something reasonably priced is not very easy to find, also without a hub swap/re-drill as well. I am not opposed to doing a hub swap, but something under $400 has to be out there.

I would even entertain a 17" skinny spare wheel from another 5X108 vehicle.

Let me know what you are using and how I can get it if I like the option.

Thanks
Smitty

So the question here is what are those of you runing cobra brakes on the front doing for front skinny wheels for the track?

Something reasonably priced is not very easy to find, also without a hub swap/re-drill as well. I am not opposed to doing a hub swap, but something under $400 has to be out there.

I would even entertain a 17" skinny spare wheel from another 5X108 vehicle.

Let me know what you are using and how I can get it if I like the option.

Thanks
Smitty

Lincoln LS might have the 17" spare you are looking for. Think Ken Wagner has them. Bird bolt pattern.

Yes, Ken is using the Lincoln LS 17 inch aluminum spare rims.

Smitty, sending you a PM.

Last edited:
Not flashey but they work. Requires diffrent lug nuts and they are very light. Someday I buy some really nice wheels just for racing but for now they work very well

Ken

Dave,
How is the heigth on those. I assume you are using the 155/80-17. I have been looking at those on American Muscle but was concerned about the heigth on a lowered car, but they are the only compnay making them in a 17" wheel size. It is pretty tough to get a jack under it now.

Bolt pattern the same on a GTOas our MN12's? Didn't know that one, or did you do a hub swap?

I am using gto 17“ spares with m&h racemaster fronts

Dave,
How is the heigth on those. I assume you are using the 155/80-17. I have been looking at those on American Muscle but was concerned about the heigth on a lowered car, but they are the only compnay making them in a 17" wheel size. It is pretty tough to get a jack under it now.

Bolt pattern the same on a GTOas our MN12's? Didn't know that one, or did you do a hub swap?

Smitty I have mustang lug pattern on my car and I also had to have the center of the hub bored. They are 5x115 but they fit very well. I still have to order the fronts before the street machine nationals. I57 racetrack is having a special event on sat night for the carcraft street machine nationals and I think I am going to try to make it to get some seat time in my car as I have never made a pass in it. I am also trying to ring a 16x9 rear wheel for the drag slickery I have i think they are 26 x 10 x 16

Here are a couple of pictures of what the 17" aluminum Lincoln LS spare rim looks like for reference. One with a tire and one without.

Smitty I have mustang lug pattern on my car and I also had to have the center of the hub bored. They are 5x115 but they fit very well. I still have to order the fronts before the street machine nationals. I57 racetrack is having a special event on sat night for the carcraft street machine nationals and I think I am going to try to make it to get some seat time in my car as I have never made a pass in it. I am also trying to ring a 16x9 rear wheel for the drag slickery I have i think they are 26 x 10 x 16

I wouldn't mind making some passes but was under the impression that its 72 and earlier cars only?

Here are a couple of pictures of what the 17" aluminum Lincoln LS spare rim looks like for reference. One with a tire and one without.

Jim,
Those are aluminum? I have never seen black aluminum before. Will they clean up nicely I guess, or can they be sand blasted to the aluminum color and polished.

Ken do you have a picture of yours? Are they shiny like everything else on your car is?

Just curious really.

Smitty

Yes, they are aluminum and come painted black from the factory.
Ken's were black when he got them from me and then he worked his magic on them.

Here is a picture of Ken's car with them on at the 2012 Shootout.

Last edited:
Back