How much hp will a stock AOD tranny hold?

90tbirdsc

I was wondering how much hp/tq a stock 90 Aod tranny with a lentech valve body in it will hold? Mine has about 84,000 original miles on it and fluid has been changed about every 30,000 according to previous owners records.

I was wondering how much hp/tq a stock 90 Aod tranny with a lentech valve body in it will hold? Mine has about 84,000 original miles on it and fluid has been changed about every 30,000 according to previous owners records.

Mine held up fine with the lentec valve body and 300+ HP

Ken

Yes and no. At minimum you are going to need a hardened 3/4 input shaft. That is probably the 2nd weakest point of the transmission next to the OD band. IMO

Do you think it could hold a 12 sec SC?

I dont think there is a good answer for that. I beleive you could get a 12 second pass out of it but I dont think it will last long doing that over and over. Some SCs seem to eat up their stock trannys and some seem to last longer. Once you start putting out bigger HP than you have to address the weak links and the stock tranny is a weak link

Ken

I dont think there is a good answer for that. I beleive you could get a 12 second pass out of it but I dont think it will last long doing that over and over. Some SCs seem to eat up their stock trannys and some seem to last longer. Once you start putting out bigger HP than you have to address the weak links and the stock tranny is a weak link

Ken

That's kinda what I was thinking, I'm kinda doubting it at even my high 200's hp and mid 13's power level. I guess I'll find out how long it will hold up:D

Back