suspension.

RAC91SC

I have noticed that my 91 sc looks very low from behind. And too look at it from the side it looks like I have the trunk full of bodies or something. Haha. The firm rise switch stays on bc I like the feel of it better. Is there something to do to fix this or check this. Or is it just a typical sc stance?

No its not typical. The shock settings have nothing to do with ride height, so I'd look at either fatigued springs as the cause or mismatched set of springs. That is a set of "lowering" springs in the rear but stock height springs in the front.

Or worn out spring insulator cups that sit between the spring and the control arm and the body.

I have noticed that my 91 sc looks very low from behind. And too look at it from the side it looks like I have the trunk full of bodies or something. Haha. The firm rise switch stays on bc I like the feel of it better. Is there something to do to fix this or check this. Or is it just a typical sc stance?

Can you post a side view picture ? It might just look low from the back because of the rear bumper cover. You can also add air bags in the rear springs to control ride height. Most people use them for racing or to keep wide tires from rubbing the fender, but they can also be used for leveling the car with a load of bodies in the trunk.

David

they can also be used for leveling the car with a load of bodies in the trunk.

David

yeah.......that's always been kind of an issue for me as well. Seems fine when I unload them though.
;)

Would that mean the installation of a compressor as well, or could you install an air stem & blow them up/deflate as desired?

Can you post a side view picture ? It might just look low from the back because of the rear bumper cover. You can also add air bags in the rear springs to control ride height. Most people use them for racing or to keep wide tires from rubbing the fender, but they can also be used for leveling the car with a load of bodies in the trunk.

David

Too many ex wives David?

yeah.......that's always been kind of an issue for me as well. Seems fine when I unload them though.
;)

Would that mean the installation of a compressor as well, or could you install an air stem & blow them up/deflate as desired?

Some of the cheaper kits are just filled with through a valve stem.

I don't know of anyone here that runs a compressor with the AirLift bags. Remote mounted valvestems are the popular choice. I like to route the lines through the framerails and into the spare tire well in the trunk, as it keeps everything tidy.

Last edited:
Too many ex wives David?
Its kind of a supercouper tradition. To be a member in good standing, you're expected to have at least 2 ex wives.. one of whom left you because she felt you spent too much time in the driveway instead of with her. :rolleyes:

Too many ex wives David?

No I was just trying to relate to the original post.

David

David,

I know. I wasn't asking seriously. I was just attempting a little weak humor. :eek:

Its kind of a supercouper tradition. To be a member in good standing, you're expected to have at least 2 ex wives.. one of whom left you because she felt you spent too much time in the driveway instead of with her. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough Richard, one of my ex's complaints was that I spent too much time fixing cars. She never stopped to think that hers was one of those cars. Kind of ironic that it has become the subject of our ill humor.

I don't know of anyone here that runs a compressor with the AirLift bags. Remote mounted valvestems are the popular choice. I like to route the lines through the framerails and into the spare tire well in the trunk, as it keeps everything tidy.

I have the AirLift compressor/ bag combo. I use it for traction in the 97 5.4L. Does the job.

I hang the compressor on the left side behind the trunk hinge. Trick is to keep the plastic air lines from rubbing and use a generous bend radius. I ran them up through the spare tire area, under the carpet. There is a manual shutoff and air valve on the left fender side (under the carpet) where I have the option to add air manually. Used it when the first compressor died. They seem to last 6 years... If you want to find a used compressor in a junk yard I believe Cadillac makes one of the best.

Last edited:
Oddly enough Richard, one of my ex's complaints was that I spent too much time fixing cars. She never stopped to think that hers was one of those cars. Kind of ironic that it has become the subject of our ill humor.
One of mine drove around in one of my projects for almost a year because she had nothing else to drive and couldn't afford a new or other car. After she recovered her minivan from a deadbeat buyer, and had wheels again, all that was forgotten. Then it became "why do you have all these crappy cars". Needless to say, that didn't set well with me after bailing her out. But that was just one instance. I no longer bail her out and no longer suffer the punishment from it. :D

Last edited:
that's funny mine says if I don't stop spending cash and time with elanore that's my scs name anyway shes gna make me live in it she don't relize that id love that

I don't know how to upload a pic haha.

Just join photo bucket, it's free. You can upload your pics there, and then you just click on the share link above your photo, it will copy the link to your clip board, then you paste it in your post. It's real easy, and you can always google how to share photos with photo bucket. Once you do it a couple of times, it's super easy....check this link

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=u3qAlhMam5k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du3qAlhMam5k

If you're still having trouble, shoot me a pm, and I'll do it for you.

Bummer......I guess I can't be a member in good standing....never been married. Engaged once, but I knew it would end up in divorce, and she would have tried to take me for what little I had back then. Maybe I'm just in a minority of good standing members who saw the signs before I walked down the isle! I guess it's never too late though!! Lol

Last edited:
Back