Break conversion?

sc91gt

Ok, I have the ABS unit out, again. MY reman 90 non abs Booster and 93 crown vic MC. I have everything removed or moved out the way. I can not get the booster down into place. What is the trick? I have tried to muscle, hammer, it where it needs to go but no bueno.

Anyone?

My SC is a 90, I bought a 90 non abs booster with driver side vac port. And it will not fit. In fact, it blew its internals out with me trying to force the plunger in while shoving it down into place. Its part number is: 54-74305. Cardone unloaded power brake booster. Does anyone one know if this was the right part? By my research it should have been. After smashing it on the shop floor it got perforated somehow(out behind the shop) and is no longer usable...

When mounting mine, it took two - my wife outside to help align and push, and me inside to get the pedal assembly (which kept sliding and getting in the way!) lined up. I also had to walk the nuts down on it, since it didn't quite line up perfectly going in.

That was on a 1991, however, so ...

RwP

'

I couldn't even get mine that far. It bound up on the strut tower and push rod into the fire wall. pushrod will not bend or reach the whole to go through the fire wall. I tried for three days to get it in there.

It does help to pull the cowls (upper AND lower) before you try.

After that - well, the center hole and two of the three/four bolt holes in the firewall are in common. If it won't fit that badly, it's not the right booster, no matter what the box said.

RwP

I couldn't even get mine that far. It bound up on the strut tower and push rod into the fire wall. pushrod will not bend or reach the whole to go through the fire wall. I tried for three days to get it in there.

Did you feel down underneath the booster? I found a harness on mine that isn't allowing the booster to get close to the firewall. I hate to pull the booster back out to see if I can move the harness, but I'm afraid that's what I'm going to have to do.

?

I had everything moved out of the way. The pushrod that goes through the fire wall was causing my distress. Until it broke... I got another booster and hooked a vacuum pump to it so I could compress the pushrod easy and clamp with vise grips. It gave me a buch more room. Also adjusted the backside of the strut tower with a bfh. :D It was no problem after that.
IMG_20130524_155829_821_zps65ae9ebc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back