whats this part called

FrankenBird

I need the name of the part for the 1989-1993 5.0 bracket that mounts on the elbow of the intake and hold the cruise cable,throttle cable and the Tv cable..i need one asap so if you have one for sale let me know or the name of it or a part number..it has 2 bolts that's go through it to hold it on to the upper manifold on the elbow.
thanks...........

I need the name of the part for the 1989-1993 5.0 bracket that mounts on the elbow of the intake and hold the cruise cable,throttle cable and the Tv cable..i need one asap so if you have one for sale let me know or the name of it or a part number..it has 2 bolts that's go through it to hold it on to the upper manifold on the elbow.
thanks...........

I can get one tomorrow - or the end of the week (depends on how long it takes on a couple of jobs I have tomorrow as to if I can make it to the yards in Texarkana).

Dunno how much they'll want for it, though.

And to help - the 5.0 was only available 1991 to 1993, so anything off a factory-stock 1989/90 won't fit *grins*

RwP

You know, it is listed that only those years had the 5.0, but I definetly remember seeing a 90 with a 5.0HO, with single exhaust too. I did a double take when I saw it then. Car was still fairly new then. I want to say I saw it in 97, or 98. Its like the '88 and '87 TBird, I definetly saw two of the Fox/Birds with a supercharged 3.8 in it, no intercooler. Looked more like how GM did it. And those were the ONLY two I EVER saw again. I knew one of the owners, lived in base housing on Randoph AFB Tx. White car with what looked like a factory L-shaped racing stripe like Starsky and Hutch, only with breaks in the line.

Anyway, it is possible to find a factory 5.0 in that year, remotly though...

thanks ralphP , there was one bird 5.0 in a yard here but I didn't have MY 5.0 coug yet or I woulda stripped that car bare...

any luck yet? my trans is about to be done and I have to trim a good bracket to clear my egr and line for my fpr line

Nope, it'll be Saturday before I get there.

If you find one, grab it.

If not, I'll grab a couple.

RwP

ya, I don't know if the mustang one is the same or not but I shur cant drop 60 bucks on a little bracket...I only need the bracket not any of the cables...

hey ralph, could you please also grab me the thing that screws into the neck that has the 2 vac line in it and one goes to the fpr and the other is big and I think brake booster, mine has a crack on the fpr side and I duct taped it for now, I was wondering what that hiss was..tiny little crack.

hey ralph, could you please also grab me the thing that screws into the neck that has the 2 vac line in it and one goes to the fpr and the other is big and I think brake booster, mine has a crack on the fpr side and I duct taped it for now, I was wondering what that hiss was..tiny little crack.

If I can figure out what it is from that description :D

I know, start at the brake booster and work towards the fuel pressure regulator, and get that.

Should be easy, I'll be robbing the upper/lower manifold bolts for JustInCase on the Cougar.

Along with a few parts I need to get the A/C back to 100%.

RwP

ya, I don't know if the mustang one is the same or not but I shur cant drop 60 bucks on a little bracket...I only need the bracket not any of the cables...

I agree with you. I only added the link as it had a pic of the 94/95 mustang GT bracket. I thought maybe it would give you more options. .

any luck..?

I got to Texarkana at 4:10, but $PROFANITY, the one yard that had three 5.0HOs ... now closes at 4 on Saturday. Two weeks ago they were open until 5:30.

<insert cursing that would make a sailor blush here>

I'll be back there Wednesday for a DSL install at 9 AM (in Texarkana), should take about 2 to 3 hours, that'll give most of the day for getting the bracket(s) off.

Just to make sure - You want the bracket circled in red, and the T circled in green, right?

Brackets-640.jpg

RwP

yup...those are the things I need....the bracket is held on by 2 bolts and the cables come off with 1 bolt a piece...and the one with vac lines just screws out too with a wrench...should only take about 10-15min...

yup...those are the things I need....the bracket is held on by 2 bolts and the cables come off with 1 bolt a piece...and the one with vac lines just screws out too with a wrench...should only take about 10-15min...

If that long. The problem so far has been the 2 hour drive there and the shop being open!

Don't sweat - I was paid for two jobs in Texarkana Saturday, so no huhu.

RwP

thanks ralph,nice to know theres some good people left..

Bad news.

The yard with the one 5.0HO I was going to? Said 5.0HO TBird is now a brown square in the "Crushed to be shipped out" pile ...

The other yard in Texarkana with two 5.0HO MN12s? One's missing the entire motor, the other that bracket and the lower and upper intakes.

So ... there's one in Alexandria, but I'm not scheduled to head that way :(:(

I'm afraid I can't help you right now.

Now, I'll keep my eyes open - I'll be out in Georgia over the next two weeks, if you don't find one, I'll see if I find one in that neck of the woods.

I do have one, but you can't have it - it's on Ruby now :D

RwP

thanks for ur effort...
I think I may have bent mine to be usable enough and I just duct taped the broken part and its working for now..
My car is also getting its trans done so maby the guy who is doing it can figure the bracket BS out..
again....thank you....

As I mentioned before since the 94/95 Mustang GT shares the same upper intake as the 5.0 Thunderbird do you think that bracket would be a match? I realize the 94/95 Mustang GT had an AODE but it still may be a good match. Those would be more plentiful.

Robert

Back