oil in the supercharger tubing??

Lycaon1349

so i was taking apart the inlet and outet tubes to the intercooler and i noticed a bit of engine oil in the tubes, enough so that when i disconnected the lower tube some poured out. ive been dealing with external oil loss for a while and never noticed anything burning off in the exhaust, just curious is there a specific area i should be looking out for? is my intake manifold gasket leaking? would this have anything to do with a decent amount of oil loss after a fresh oil change? and has anyone seen this before? thanks guys!

so i was taking apart the inlet and outet tubes to the intercooler and i noticed a bit of engine oil in the tubes, enough so that when i disconnected the lower tube some poured out. ive been dealing with external oil loss for a while and never noticed anything burning off in the exhaust, just curious is there a specific area i should be looking out for? is my intake manifold gasket leaking? would this have anything to do with a decent amount of oil loss after a fresh oil change? and has anyone seen this before? thanks guys!

It's normal. The oil comes from the PCV valve through the inlet plenum. To get rid of it you will need to add an oil separator like the one shown in this post. You can't just use a catch can, it has to an oil separator.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116474

David

Back