PDA

View Full Version : Picture upload limitations

TSC89
05-16-2013, 02:01 PM
So we have a limit on the picture upload limitation now.
When did this change happen?

I tried to add a picture to a current post and received a message saying I was over.

David Neibert
05-16-2013, 02:09 PM
So we have a limit on the picture upload limitation now.
When did this change happen?

I tried to add a picture to a current post and received a message saying I was over.

Jim,

When researching a problem that Ken Wagner was having (same as yours) it was discovered that there was a 1MB limit on the amount of pictures paying members could upload and non paying registered users were unlimited, which made absolutely no sense.

Current settings are 500 MB limit for paying members and 50 MB limit for non members (aka registered users).

David

kenewagner
05-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Jim,

When researching a problem that Ken Wagner was having (same as yours) it was discovered that there was a 1MB limit on the amount of pictures paying members could upload and non paying registered users were unlimited, which made absolutely no sense.

Current settings are 500 MB limit for paying members and 50 MB limit for non members (aka registered users).

David

I still cant upload a picture.

Ken

David Neibert
05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Okay...I'll ask Pat to take another look and see if he can figure out what is wrong.

David

nickleman60
05-16-2013, 04:58 PM

Ken

I use imageshack as my host to post all of my pics now instead of the using this sites way of posting. Upload you pics to the site, copy the URL and then paste to your
threads, works great.

http://imageshack.us/

David Neibert
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Ken

Ken & Jim,

Please click on the User CP tab (upper left) then scroll down to the attachments tab at the bottom and click on it. It should tell you how many MB of space you are currently using and show you a list of all the pictures that were uploaded. I need to know how many MB you are currently using.

David

TSC89
05-16-2013, 05:45 PM
David,

It says "You are currently using 89.52 MB to store 496 uploaded attachments."

kenewagner
05-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Mine said I am using 147.05 MB for 767 attachments

Pat DiPersia
05-17-2013, 07:06 AM
It would be helpful (I hope) for you to tell us what the error is you're receiving, if you are receiving one. Everything APPEARS good over here, so just saying it doesn't work isn't providing much for me to go on. Any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks.

kenewagner
05-17-2013, 08:11 AM
When posting a picture. I click on manage attachments, the window comes up like before for chose file. Above that is a red line, that didnt use to be there saying "Sum of all attachments owned by kenewagner:147.05

kenewagner
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Sorry hit the submit button ie error before I was done:o I click on a picture and than click on upload as I have always done before and I get a statement at the top that saids "Exceeds your quota by 97.32MB" and wont down load the photo

Ken

TSC89
05-17-2013, 09:01 AM
When I tried to post a picture I clicked on manage attachments, the window comes up like before for chose file with a new redline that has this info with it "You are currently using 89.52 MB to store 496 uploaded attachments." I selected my picture and then clicked to upload the picture and I got this message:

Exceeds your quota by 39.82 MB

According to what David posted above I would say it is treating Ken and I like non-member registered users with only 50MB.

Pat DiPersia
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Or the stupid admin could have missed an extra 0 when specifying the size limit for members. . . Duh. . . Try it again.

TSC89
05-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks Pat, working now.