Where can I buy a new oil pump seal??

smith181992

Ok, I'm finishing up my motor build and have recently realized how hard one of these things are to find! Rock auto doesn't have any, and no parts stores can get one in my area :mad:. I really don't want to have to buy a new oil pump since there is nothing wrong with mine, but I lost my o-ring :eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks -Ben

If your oil pump is the early style M137 then I have a bunch, I'd mail you one if you want. If it's a high volume late model M246 then not so much. They are harder to come by.

The cheapest way I know to get one quick is to buy a timing cover gasket set, they come in the set, just make sure to specify the right year based on what oil pump you are using.

Thanks Dave! As soon as I looked at timing cover sets, I seen it :eek:. I am using an early style, but really wanna fire this thing up by Sunday, So I'll get the local parts store to overnight me a set. We really need more experienced parts people around here!

Hey, while I've got you, Do you think it will be ok to break the motor in without a tune? I got all my stuff from you (custom grind cam, 42 pound injectors, 75mm tb) I'm gonna get a tune from you after I get a 76mm maf and 255lph fuel pump from you also, just wondering if it would be safe to run temporarily until I get some more money

Thanks Dave! As soon as I looked at timing cover sets, I seen it :eek:. I am using an early style, but really wanna fire this thing up by Sunday, So I'll get the local parts store to overnight me a set. We really need more experienced parts people around here!

Hey, while I've got you, Do you think it will be ok to break the motor in without a tune? I got all my stuff from you (custom grind cam, 42 pound injectors, 75mm tb) I'm gonna get a tune from you after I get a 76mm maf and 255lph fuel pump from you also, just wondering if it would be safe to run temporarily until I get some more money

If you are running #42 injectors you'll at minimum need a tune for the engine to even run at all. That engine is going to run extremely rich with a stock MAF and no tune. At the very least you'll need a MAF calibrated to your injectors but that isn't ideal. A tune would be best.

If you are running #42 injectors you'll at minimum need a tune for the engine to even run at all. That engine is going to run extremely rich with a stock MAF and no tune. At the very least you'll need a MAF calibrated to your injectors but that isn't ideal. A tune would be best.

Aww..lol. That sucks, I wanna hear it! Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until I can afford these last few parts, thanks for the info!

Back